What's new

Things I just don’t understand

mac

Reaction score
I keep reading so many articles about the vast hunger problem we have here. My God, kids are going to bed hungry I am told. So if hunger is so rampant, why are there so many fat people? Look back at pictures of people from the early 20th century. No fat people.

mac

Reaction score
Here is another. Why do people who are supposedly famous feel compelled to tell us their political views? And it’s always bad mouthing conservatives. i guess they simply don’t care that they just lost half their audience. And what’s with these people “coming out” and declaring how they have sex. I not only don’t care, I don’t want to know.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is another. Why do people who are supposedly famous feel compelled to tell us their political views? And it’s always bad mouthing conservatives. i guess they simply don’t care that they just lost half their audience. And what’s with these people “coming out” and declaring how they have sex. I not only don’t care, I don’t want to know.
I don't think you should concern yourself too much with what famous celebrities say and do. Don't worry about their political views or their sex lives. That's just what their publicist want you to do, spend time and energy concerned with the personalities of the so-called celebrities. What does it really matter anyway?

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think you should concern yourself too much with what famous celebrities say and do. Don't worry about their political views or their sex lives.
Exactly. If I know someone personally and well enough to respect their opinion, that's one thing. There are members here who while I respect their knowledge in the car wash field, I care nothing about their political affiliation or comments thereof, mainly because I don't know them well enough to trust how they came to their conclusion. My fiancée is really bad about this - she won't like so-and-so because of their stance on abortion or whatever. Honestly, Leonardo Dicaprio kind of creeps me out as a person, but I'll go see a movie he's in because he knows how to pick roles and IMO is a good actor.

mac

Reaction score
Good points gentlemen. I don’t dwell on this, but lately it seems to get out of hand. I really don't care what others do, but this is in your face stuff. Earliest memories were of me getting out of the Marines with a tour in Vietnam. Just could not understand why all the celebrities were mocking me for putting my butt. Then all of the LGT whatever people had to tell the world about what they do. Just shut up, man don't care or want to know. And now we have all major sports teams making political speeches and signage about them being repressed. This crap from immature and overpaid and generally not bright people. Then they call me a racist ! There is no doubt that some of the performers are really great at what they do. I used to really like the Smothers Brothers and Laugh In. But these people were insulting me. And I did nothing wrong.

MEP001

Reaction score
Now it's LGBTQIAPK, more than a third of the alphabet. Next it will be LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA (Not a joke, they're literally trying to make the world's longest acronym).

John J Spokas

Reaction score
They have a stage and they use it as they see fit. You do the same it's just not noticed as much.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
I keep reading so many articles about the vast hunger problem we have here. My God, kids are going to bed hungry I am told. So if hunger is so rampant, why are there so many fat people? Look back at pictures of people from the early 20th century. No fat people.
So the existence of fat people means nobody is hungry or in economic crisis? That just isn't true. But the why question is very interesting and should be explored more completely. Pictures tell the story the photographer is trying to tell, not necessarily the story we want to see/hear.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
I totally agree with your last sentence.