What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

cjc118

Reaction score
I've had Nayax VPOS for 2 years now at my small ss wash. I have had about 7 vpos failures and countless problems with intermittent failures. I use the count up method capped at $10. People either can't get the card to work at all, mostly TD VISA Debit cards, or can't use the run/stop button to stop the charges when done.
I purchased the VTouch as i was told it woukd be more reliable but if any water touches it, it shuts off entirely and sometomes won't restart for quite some time.
I purchased a spare VPOS but repairs are taking many months and no support or explanations are provided.
Anyone experiencing similar issues or solutions?

copperglobe

Reaction score
I have Nayax equipment on my American Changer token machines. I've had them for several years. Originally I had the readers that were black in color (don't know model numbers) that were swipe only and they were flawless. Worked and worked and worked. Nayax then discontinued these model version and went with the yellow chip readers. Since then I have problems weekly. Customer inserts card and the machine says "authorizing" and just sits there forever. I've been in contact with Nayax many, many times trying to figure out the problem. They had me change antennas, antenna locations, plugging in the modem to Ethernet directly, etc. Still have the problems. Called American Changer and was told that I'm not alone. American gets many calls into service with complaints about Nayax.

I like the option of my customers using CC at my token changers but sure would like to get this issue fixed.

Randy

Reaction score
We use the G-9 E-port from USA Technologies, on the changers, no problems. A operator up in Seattle had them in all of his bays until he was bought out, there's a 4 store condo/apartment building on the site now.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Update on the Nayax on token changers. There is no update. They stink. Countless problems reading cards, freezing authorizations, won't read chips on most cards. Support with Nayax "they all seem to be working on our end".

SuperShine

Reaction score
Who did your Nayax install CJC? I'm early stages installing these VPOS Touch Nayax readers on my vacs and your troubles have me worried.
I'm based in BC but my distributor is working with DA Lincoln out of Winnipeg. Maybe they can assist you. Are you using First Pay (Vend Pay) and CT Payments for your merchant account?

So much for durability hey? A YouTube vid shows a splashed VPOS Touch unit as part of their durability demo.

https://www.dalincoln.com/?gclid=Cj...SUD0sf_B8ucIeqLiwMa_Y0IaBBuFLsKxoCuNEQAvD_BwE

I've had Nayax VPOS for 2 years now at my small ss wash. I have had about 7 vpos failures and countless problems with intermittent failures. I use the count up method capped at $10. People either can't get the card to work at all, mostly TD VISA Debit cards, or can't use the run/stop button to stop the charges when done.
I purchased the VTouch as i was told it woukd be more reliable but if any water touches it, it shuts off entirely and sometomes won't restart for quite some time.
I purchased a spare VPOS but repairs are taking many months and no support or explanations are provided.
Anyone experiencing similar issues or solutions?

cjc118

Reaction score
I did my own install. I installed just 1 unit for a 6 month trial and I used vendpay for that unit. I then switched my other 2 bays but they are on nayax direct. I was told that vendpay wouldn't deal with users with less than "X" units. Don't remember how many. There was a time i went several months without any income. All sorted now and everything seems fine on that side.

RAM

Reaction score
Hopefully it has been changed, but the V-Touch units we received to test with said on outside of box and in the instructions that the VPOS Touch was not for direct sunlight use or for "wet" environments. That told me it not good option for a carwash.

RAM

Reaction score
The units may work great in a different application away from outside use.

cjc118

Reaction score
Funny. I only looked online and they suggest car washes as an appication for them. Even when I phoned to verify, they said it was no problem they do it all the time.

RAM

Reaction score
That was our understanding as well until we received the units for testing. I wish I have taken photo of the box and instructions for reference. The VPOS Touch may have been updated since we had one. It was back during the summertime. We liked the touchscreen but the environment notes concerned us for our application

MANLO

Reaction score
I've been using NAYAX AND USAEPORT IN MY SS BAYS. The issue of not being able to end a count up transaction has been a problem for a while/ . I thought that I had narrowed the cause of the problem down to the customer leaving the card in the reader after authorization. I'm now not sure that is the case, but still trying to figure it out. The eports presented few problems compared to the NAYAX reader and I've still got a couple in service. I'm working with someone on a solution that will hopefull resolve these problems. It involves a circuit board timer that will interface with the NAYAX or ePort, allow the operator to set miminum charge amount, count up vs count down, a dedicated stop button. I have not tried the VPOS in the SS bays yet, but will when I have a protoyype of the timer circuit board to see if it is possible to bypass the touch screen for ending the session. Frustrating trying to work through these issues. .

cjc118

Reaction score
I just talked with a comany called SEM in QC Canada. They do exactly that. I think it is sem.ca

TCC

Reaction score
We installed Nayax in two of our SS bays as a pilot. It is more than a year now. Every day few customers complain about the system.
It either does not recognize the card or it does not stop when customer press stop button.
Nayax had sent replacement reader as part of warranty but it did not fix the problem.
We tried different antennas and connecting directly to internet using ethernet cable but did not resolve the problem.
Yesterday tech support asked us to add separate stop button.

cjc118

Reaction score
I had the same suggestion recently. Not sure how it will help the card issues. Might help failed button issues. Worth a try.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I know this is a bump on this thread. Just would like to see how the Nayax is working now. I recently installed 26 units and I think it has been a waste of time and money. Long wait times to talk with tech support. I have self serve bays and vacuum with sales over 700,000 and credit card at the two locations will not do over 50,000 this year. With crytopay we average about 25% usage Nayax we will be lucky 7%. I have a different location we have installed Monex system but my issue is connecting to router they provide. Week Wi-Fi signal and not an option to add an extender don’t see how I could go cashless because I would not be able to add vacuums because they are to far from signal. Many hours on the phone and nobody seems to understand self serve carwash. I really would like to add chip and tap everywhere and do away with swipe. Just don’t see anything as of now that can withstand the Carwash environment.

lrnasd90

Reaction score
I have had Nayax VPOS readers at one of my location for over three years, the readers are in the middle of bay, so they get sprayed all the time. And I have been through my fair share of readers. They don't hold up as well as Cryptopay readers and certainly not as good as Wash Gear, but I was tired of seeing people drive off because they couldn't get Cryptopay readers to work.

I recently, just last week in fact, installed Nayax VPOS readers in place of Cryptopay. I pulled out 14 Cryptopay readers. So now I have a total of 19 Nayax readers. You may wonder why in the world would I deal with all the bs of Nayax readers over Cryptopay, well I see almost twice the amount of sales with Nayax. And no phone calls for pre auth, that get so old.

I think the drive in revenue is the fact that I just give them 6 selection, $3,$5,$10,$15,$20,$25. If they run out of time they buy more. No more pushing the button to add more time or cancel the remaining time. You buy it, its yours. I am shocked at how many people actually buy $25 dollars worth of bay time. It happens a lot more frequently than I would have ever believed. My dad did it as his carwash first and his sales nearly tripled. I resisted, so I installed 4 to test and sure enough my credit card sales went up and I never get calls about it. Nayax has terrible support, their website sucks, but for me at least they make loads more money than Wash Gear or Cryptopay.

With in the first week of installing the new Nayax readers we have seen an increase in sales and not a single call. In fact lot of people have said how much they like it. We also post a sign that says how much time each wash price buys, that really helps. So take this how you will, I have been in the carwash business for 35 years...so just my two cents.

MEP001

Reaction score
I think the drive in revenue is the fact that I just give them 6 selection, $3,$5,$10,$15,$20,$25.
Why don't you use count-up?
Nayax has terrible support, their website sucks, but for me at least they make loads more money than Wash Gear or Cryptopay.
Why do you think Nayax does more than WashGear?