What's new

Swarms of Yellow Butterflies

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
We're in South Texas and are currently experiencing swarms of yellow butterflies that plaster themselves to windshields and grills. Since Friday, our single IBA has been averaging in the 90's daily. Since 2:00p.m. today, we've already had 50 go through. As soon as the cars get out of the wash and back on the road, they get hit with butterflies again! I can't even get my own car washed because the line at our wash is too long and I don't like to wait! Anybody in TX having this experience, or know anything about these horrible creatures and when this plague might end? Our Profile and ChemQuest D-Bug are doing a great job, and the Profile is working it's butt off; and I hope it can keep up.

Reactions: APW

MEP001

Reaction score
I was in San Antonio yesterday and once I was south of Hwy 90 I saw swarms of them everywhere.

STXCW

Reaction score
bugs and pollen are great for the car wash industry.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
We're in South Texas and are currently experiencing swarms of yellow butterflies that plaster themselves to windshields and grills. Since Friday, our single IBA has been averaging in the 90's daily. Since 2:00p.m. today, we've already had 50 go through. As soon as the cars get out of the wash and back on the road, they get hit with butterflies again! I can't even get my own car washed because the line at our wash is too long and I don't like to wait! Anybody in TX having this experience, or know anything about these horrible creatures and when this plague might end? Our Profile and ChemQuest D-Bug are doing a great job, and the Profile is working it's butt off; and I hope it can keep up.
Horrible plague?

Surely, you jest.

Please send some to CA.

Thanks.

BenBranam

Reaction score
This is the car wash season here in Texas! It's that time of year everyone wants to wash their cars almost daily and everyone will upgrade to your debug chemicals. See it as an opportunity to wash more cars!!!!

Order a little extra chemicals so you don't run out, but this won't last forever, so don't go crazy. Enjoy it while it lasts.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Thanx. I have to admit, the numbers have been amazing and yes, we're stocking up on chems. Except my car's a mess and I can't get it into my own wash because the lines are too long! The Profile had some glitches after a week of high numbers -- with belts loosening and skipping, which affected the Front Prox Counter and shutting us down; but it has now been remedied. From what I've read, the butterflies have a life span of 2 weeks, so at least we'll have a great 1/2-month.