What's new

Swapping changer to tokens

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I was at my wash today finishing converting everything over to take tokens. I then went to swap the changer over & had no luck. It’s an old Hamilton double that has mei 2600 bill acceptors. One side has been down for several months. The working side has always only taken 1’s & 5’s. That would be fine if I could change it over to 1 coin per dollar but I could not. Tried the switches with no luck as well as the coupon. The side that has been down I removed & replaced on the working side, it then took the coupon & gave the success number of flashes. At which point it would pull in a bill but not push it into the stacker & dispense coins. What do I need to do now? I’m also assuming it needs to be set to vending not gaming? 1 pulse per dollar & does long or short pulse matter? Here is a picture of the switches, it’s crap sorry it was installed.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Now that you have it all screwed up maybe it can be fixed without to much trouble. You NEVER! want to use the coupons in a AE2600 series validator unless your turn off a bill. Your going to have to undo whatever you have already done to your validator. Going to tokens in your changer is simple if you have C-2000 controller. Remove the C-2000 controller on the front of the controller in the upper right corner there is a bank of switch those switches set the payout. If you want a $1 pay out for each dollar you want to have switch "H" & "K" On or down, everything else is up. If you don't have a C-2000 controller your going to need to buy one. What size tokens are you trying to dispense? If they are Quarter size or a .984 you won't have to change the pin wheel. You want to set your validator up this way 1 - 4 On and everything else Off, you want the validator in the gaming mode.

Reactions: sjb

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
.984 tokens. The validator that has been working is fine it’s just running exactly how it has been which is 1’s & 5’s at 4 per dollar. I got the coupon out of the manual for the validators, didn’t say any do’s or don’ts so I sure didn’t know. Here is the controller I have.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
.984 tokens. The validator that has been working is fine it’s just running exactly how it has been which is 1’s & 5’s at 4 per dollar. I got the coupon out of the manual for the validators, didn’t say any do’s or don’ts so I sure didn’t know. Here is the controller I have.
That's a C-2000 controller. Set switches "H" & "K" down and move the rest of them up or Off. Your going to have to reprogram your validator. You want to program it like this with the coupon, Section 1 "4", section 2 High Accept $1-$2-$5-$10-$20, Section 3 "Short", Section 4 "1 Pulse per Dollar", Section 5 "Gaming", Section 6 "blacken" that square in.
What's wrong with the other side of the changer?

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I don’t know. You gave me some things try a few months ago but I never could get it to work. Makes me thing there is a short in the harness somewhere. I tried swapping controllers, relays, changers & it never helped so I just settled on running 1 side. I will do what you said tomorrow. I will say that when I tried the coupon in the working bill acceptor it rejected it for some reason.

Randy

Reaction score
When you fill out the programming coupon be very careful to not go outside the box, I use a black felt tip marking pen when I have to fill out a programming coupon.

MEP001

Reaction score
Set $2 acceptance to off, otherwise it will take the bill and not pay out anything.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
So I adjusted the switches like Randy said & it’s vending tokens. The bill acceptor won’t take the coupon however, it sucks it in & holds it. 1’s & 5’s are accepted like before but I’d like to take 10’s & 20’s too. The other bill acceptor took the coupon but didn’t want to vend any coins yesterday. What do I need to do now?

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
What I read was in, directly out, & then 10 flashes if it takes it. In for 10 seconds, then out followed by 7 (8) flashes if it doesn’t take it. That’s what mine does & then won’t accept 10’s or 20’s.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you have all the switches off?

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Yes they are all off. I only moved the switches on the controller like Randy said.

MEP001

Reaction score
There must be something wrong with the validator.

Randy

Reaction score
This why I hate it when they reprogram the validator because it's a bitch to try and redo what someone else has done. You want all the switches in the Off position. When you fill out the coupon you don't want to be be sloppy filling in the squares, neatness counts.

Last edited:

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I was able to get it to work. Had to swap validators from the other side & after several attempts got it to take. 1st full day of tokens, I think I’m going to be happy with it. Thanks for the help.