What's new

Substance In Foam Brush Hydrominder Tank

99Roadking

Reaction score
I wanted to run this by some of you to see if by chance any one has ever heard of anything like this. I was notified that my foam brushes were not working at the car wash. I went by and checked off the things I knew to try and was unsuccessful. I contacted my repair person and his findings were a grout like substance had set up in the foam brush hydrominder tank and had spread through the lines and solenoids. The repair person dropped a sample off at a chemical company and we are awaiting their findings. Once it dried it would turn a white color and appeared to be crystalized. I will post a couple pics of the substance later. If any of you have ever heard of anything like this please do respond.

mac

Reaction score
Usually what happens is bacteria starts growing. That looks like snot and spreads just as you remarked. I have seen the crystallized stuff you mentioned. Usually when I find these things the operator is using cheap soap. I would contact whoever is selling you chemicals. They should know right away what is going on. If not fire them and buy elsewhere. You should also make sure that you're using soft water to mix and that the softener is working.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never seen a grout-like substance in a foam brush tank. It's not uncommon to find a slimy algae growing in it. It clogs everything and eventually the soap will start to stink. I keep a spray bottle of bleach and water and spray a little on the top and sides of the tank once a week and it keeps it away. Some pieces of copper pipe in the tank helps too - so does plumbing hot water to the foam brush.