What's new

Strange Cryptopay issue

OurTown

Reaction score
We have noticed a minor issue with Cryptopay and wondered if anyone else has noticed. Sometimes when there is 32 seconds on the Dixmor LED6 the swiper button goes dormant and will not allow additional time to be added. Most of the time it is with an attendant card but I have noticed it happen with credit cards and the Worldpay store cards too. I spent an hour on the phone with Cryptopay once and he said he had never heard of the issue. We went through all the settings on Cryptopay's end and the timer settings and they were fine. Not one time could I get it to replicate the issue while talking to him. Since then I have paid closer attention and noticed it happens only the first time I swipe it for the day with the attendant card. If I add additional time (before it goes dormant) it still goes dormant at 32 seconds. After that first cycle it seems to work properly and goes dormant at about 4 seconds. Now that I think about it I should try to get them on the phone before I swipe it for the first time of the day so they can see what it does on their end. Anyone else notice this?

Damoni88

Reaction score
Sounds to me that your timer and cryptopay settings are not matching up. Reason i say this is because i have my vaccums set up to go dormant after 3 mins. I have combo units and charge $3 per swipe. If they swipe for vaccums they get about 7.5 mins, but if the swipe card for fragrance they get 3 mins. Wes at cryptopay is very helpful. Hope you solve your issue.

OurTown

Reaction score
We figured out the problem after talking to Cryptopay again. Don't laugh....okay go ahead and laugh. Everyday it happens consistently because when checking the bays I insert a quarter to make sure the coin path is not blocked and then I swipe the attendant card to start the bay and check all functions. The card adds the minimum swipe time to the quarter's worth of time. When it gets down to the end of the card time the swiper goes dormant but there is still time on the LED6 from the quarter I added. "problem" solved.

New Washdog

Reaction score
We figured out the problem after talking to Cryptopay again. Don't laugh....okay go ahead and laugh. Everyday it happens consistently because when checking the bays I insert a quarter to make sure the coin path is not blocked and then I swipe the attendant card to start the bay and check all functions. The card adds the minimum swipe time to the quarter's worth of time. When it gets down to the end of the card time the swiper goes dormant but there is still time on the LED6 from the quarter I added. "problem" solved.
Thanks for the update!