What's new

Stinger vs Quest for chemical?

DippyFresh

Reaction score
So I'm going back and forth, They both have their own good products but I'm trying to stick with a 1 company deal. Anyone got any thoughts on Stinger vs Quest for a tunnel wash?

Let me know what's up,
D

washnshine

Reaction score
So I'm going back and forth, They both have their own good products but I'm trying to stick with a 1 company deal. Anyone got any thoughts on Stinger vs Quest for a tunnel wash?

Let me know what's up,
D
Never tried Stinger but Quest has incredibly good protectants - Vanta Gloss and Total Shiled, specifically. Have also used their lubricating soaps and wheel cleaners. Great company that is expanding. No - I do not work for them or sell their products. I have also used Simoniz, Lustra, Diamond Shine and Warsaw at my wash.

DippyFresh

Reaction score
Never tried Stinger but Quest has incredibly good protectants - Vanta Gloss and Total Shiled, specifically. Have also used their lubricating soaps and wheel cleaners. Great company that is expanding. No - I do not work for them or sell their products. I have also used Simoniz, Lustra, Diamond Shine and Warsaw at my wash.
Yeah we've been in the middle of transitioning to Lustra concentrates, but our chemical company was doing some shady stuff so our boss wants us to jump ship to something else. The Lustra concentrate stuff has been better than the Blue Coral, Rain-x, etc. brand name stuff we had before imo, but if we have to jump to something else, I think I'm going to go with Quest Car Care's stuff.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yeah we've been in the middle of transitioning to Lustra concentrates, but our chemical company was doing some shady stuff so our boss wants us to jump ship to something else. The Lustra concentrate stuff has been better than the Blue Coral, Rain-x, etc. brand name stuff we had before imo, but if we have to jump to something else, I think I'm going to go with Quest Car Care's stuff.
Quest is excellent.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've been happy with Quest. I've been using them exclusively for about six Years for self serve and IBA. I will occasionally try the other brands' "latest and greatest" but nothing I've tried seems any better and most don't measure up. I just took 1/2 of a 5 gallon of an expensive "ceramic" offline today ($75/gallon)because it didn't perform as well as the Quest did. Quest does tend to experiment a lot so I'm always trying their latest innovation however I really need to settle down and simplify my stock so my employees won't be so confused. Quest is just now getting their hyperconcentrate line up to speed and will be offering those products pretty soon in 2.5 gallon containers. They have multiple unique scent choices in various detergents, foamers, and waxes.

Vantagloss, Total Shield Extreme, and H2off are all excellent premium wax type products with variations in what they do. Vantagloss can be used in a foaming application. It improves gloss and makes for a slick finish. Total shield extreme is the durable ceramic that offers extended protection, and H2off is a rain-x type product that offers excellent water repellency. They also have some drying agents with ceramic properties.

Dissolvit is a good foamy all purpose alkaline cleaner that can be used for high ph presoak as well as tire cleaner.

My main complaint would be they offer too large of a product line. A new user needs help from a good distributor or rep to get the best performance out of their lineup.

Sorry, no experience with Stinger here, although Ive heard it works well I can't confirm.

Last edited:
Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score
I've been happy with Quest. I've been using them exclusively for about six Years for self serve and IBA. I will occasionally try the other brands' "latest and greatest" but nothing I've tried seems any better and most don't measure up. I just took 1/2 of a 5 gallon of an expensive "ceramic" offline today ($75/gallon)because it didn't perform as well as the Quest did. Quest does tend to experiment a lot so I'm always trying their latest innovation however I really need to settle down and simplify my stock so my employees won't be so confused. Quest is just now getting their hyperconcentrate line up to speed and will be offering those products pretty soon in 2.5 gallon containers. They have multiple unique scent choices in various detergents, foamers, and waxes.

Vantagloss, Total Shield Extreme, and H2off are all excellent premium wax type products with variations in what they do. Vantagloss can be used in a foaming application. It improves gloss and makes for a slick finish. Total shield extreme is the durable ceramic that offers extended protection, and H2off is a rain-x type product that offers excellent water repellency. They also have some drying agents with ceramic properties.

Dissolvit is a good foamy all purpose alkaline cleaner that can be used for high ph presoak as well as tire cleaner.

My main complaint would be they offer too large of a product line. A new user needs help from a good distributor or rep to get the best performance out of their lineup.

Sorry, no experience with Stinger here, although Ive heard it works well I can't confirm.
Greg-

Have you tried their non-foaming Vanta Gloss? It is a spray on, rinse off product that goes on in the drying agent/rinse area - not for use in the foamers. I’m curious about it.

Regarding a too large of a product line - I know- some companies do that. But none are quite like Simoniz- they have a dozen of everything! 😂

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use Standard vanta gloss which is their low foaming on my Istobal which is stingy with water. I use the "foamy" vantagloss as my self serve Ceramic wax and as the tri foam on the water wizard.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I use the Standard Vantagloss, & it is awesome. A slightly cheaper alternative, that works like crazy, is their Shine On.
Only problem is, I ordered my dam Ryko SoftGloss w/ Blue LED Lava Wax. Why? Cause Quest had Blue Shine On, & it really popped. 18 mos later & they only offer Shine On in Yellow!😯😰😡 They also changed the fragrance from Vanilla Dreamsicle, to Grapefruit. Smells good, but not awesome, like before.
Quest is great, but they experiment too dadgum much.
Quest Triple Foams are rhe bomb! I have used low ph & their polish & both are A+!!!
What's other guys experience with Quest best high ph PreSoak, for IBA's?

washnshine

Reaction score
I use the Standard Vantagloss, & it is awesome. A slightly cheaper alternative, that works like crazy, is their Shine On.
Only problem is, I ordered my dam Ryko SoftGloss w/ Blue LED Lava Wax. Why? Cause Quest had Blue Shine On, & it really popped. 18 mos later & they only offer Shine On in Yellow!😯😰😡 They also changed the fragrance from Vanilla Dreamsicle, to Grapefruit. Smells good, but not awesome, like before.
Quest is great, but they experiment too dadgum much.
Quest Triple Foams are rhe bomb! I have used low ph & their polish & both are A+!!!
What's other guys experience with Quest best high ph PreSoak, for IBA's?
When it first came out, my first shipment of Vantagloss was called “Shine On with Vantagloss” and it was blue. Now it is just called “Vantagloss” and it is yellow. In both cases I got the low foam version because I use it in the rinse area as a spray on rinse off product. They stuck with the same fruit/berry scent, luckily which smells great.