What's new

Statistics of Touch Free IBA

danielaney7

Reaction score
Is there any information that anyone has collected on all the touch free IBA carwashes. Water, Power mainly ? or even chemicals I understand chemicals will differ depending on the brand.

I have been looking everywhere but could not find anything or anyone that has conducted actual testing to see the usage of multiple machines.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Contact the manufacturers of the machines you're interested in and they should have that information.

danielaney7

Reaction score
I am in Australia and most of our machines are from the USA. The only people I can contact are the people that own the machines. People that own a particular machine have there own bias. Has there been an outside 3rd party conduct testing on the machines on the market?

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
I am in Australia and most of our machines are from the USA. The only people I can contact are the people that own the machines. People that own a particular machine have there own bias. Has there been an outside 3rd party conduct testing on the machines on the market?
I don’t think you will see an independent 3rd party testing these machines. At $200,000+ each, not many people will be able to buy 3,4 or 5 different brands, install them at locations where they will be profitable and do an independent comparison. The bias you mention some people having stems from either very good or very poor experiences with machines they have owned and is also largely impacted by distributors. The best thing is to talk to multiple operators of the same machine, visit many machines, find out who had good distributor support and take plenty of notes. The forum helps a lot too!

mac

Reaction score
With the recent developments in chemicals the actual machine has become less of a factor.

washnshine

Reaction score
With the recent developments in chemicals the actual machine has become less of a factor.
I know what you are saying Mac, and I agree that chemicals have come a long way, but most TF operators I talk to still have chemistry as their number one headache. Whether it is dialing in for seasonal changes (which can be a weekly or monthly chore in some locations) or just plain getting a consistent clean on a variety of soils. Most are pretty happy with impact, coverage, efficiency etc. of their chosen machine. The machines have come a long way to in terms of sizing, impact and solution delivery.

mac

Reaction score
I have a friend that has developed a touch free chemical that outcleans everything. Send me a note if you want to talk to him.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have a friend that has developed a touch free chemical that outcleans everything. Send me a note if you want to talk to him.
You might be getting some notes from Simoniz, Turtle Wax, CSI , Diamond Shine and a few dozen more!

mac

Reaction score
No. None of them.

OurTown

Reaction score

Steve Osborn?

Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score
You must be psychic. He will come and set it up for you.
That is awesome that such a product is available, but are there plans for it to be widely advertised and distributed? It seems like he could do pretty well if it is that good and he sells more. I’m certainly not in the loop with everything, but I am guessing quite a few of us might not know this existed if it were not for your post. And then there are the unlucky car washers who don’t read the forum - they might never know!

mac

Reaction score
That is awesome that such a product is available, but are there plans for it to be widely advertised and distributed? It seems like he could do pretty well if it is that good and he sells more. I’m certainly not in the loop with everything, but I am guessing quite a few of us might not know this existed if it were not for your post. And then there are the unlucky car washers who don’t read the forum - they might never know!
He does have plans for distribution but that is harder to set up. One of the things I like about his operation is that he doesn’t just send you some soap, but makes sure it is set up correctly.

mac

Reaction score
Yes. You can call Steve Osborn for details