What's new

Spring/Summer Special?

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had decent response to my Winter exterior special, offering an extra layer of protection.

Now I'm wondering if I should try offering something special for the Spring Season? It's been a very brutal Winter here, with tons of sand and salt dumped on the roads making all the cars very cruddy.

Any ideas on capitalizing on all these extra-dirty cars, besides the norm of full service detailing?

briteauto

Reaction score
Maybe you could focus on the interior this time for the special. I am in the Northeast too, and I know the salt, sand, mud etc. can make a big mess on the carpets and upholstery. Maybe some type of fabric protectant or Scotch-Guard after a thorough shampoo.

Just a thought.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool idea! I'm on it. As soon as April 1st comes, I'll begin advertising this.

I'm totally ready for Spring, like everyone else here in the northeast. Today is bright and sunny but severely windy.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Waxman I have a detailer that rents 2 different locations from me.
When he picked up the new location he went to the Rightlook seminars to learn how to fix scrapes on the fancy wheels a lot of the cars have now.
It cost him some $$$ to go there for training. He ended up buying 2 wheel machines.
When he opened the new shop up he went to the auto dealers and did one car free for each dealer.
By the end of the week he was booked up for the next 2 weeks from them.
By the end of the first full month he did over 80 cars at wholesale ($80-85) per wheel. Not all wheels on a car needs to be done though.
Now he upsells his retail detail jobs that need it. I think he gets $135 per wheel retail.
He also started to paint bumpers too. That has been extremely profitable.
He does 2-3 cars at a time. It looks like some of the cars having there bumpers apinted takes 2-3 days but the $$$ are big.
He showed me a car that came in for a full detail that ended up getting 2 wheels done and a back bumper painted. Total retail was $600.
Man when I used to detail cars in the 80's I got $49.95 and that was it.
You might want to look into that.