What's new

Source for methanol (small quantity)

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I need a gallon or two of methanol. It's a long drive to the chemical supply for such a small amount.

Are there any retailers that carry methanol (even under another name) in small quantities? I can't find any.

This is for adding to my soap for "winter mix."

soapy

Reaction score
Try your local gas bulk distributor who sells to the service stations and C stores. I buy mine by the gallon from local distributor.

OurTown

Reaction score
We buy ours from a local fuel supplier. They have a standard looking self serve pump like you would see at a gas station so we can get any amount we want in our own containers. It is sold as alcohol racing fuel. Why do you only need a gallon or two? Is it for foamy brush soap?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
We buy ours from a local fuel supplier. They have a standard looking self serve pump like you would see at a gas station so we can get any amount we want in our own containers. It is sold as alcohol racing fuel. Why do you only need a gallon or two? Is it for foamy brush soap?
Yes, foam brush.

bighead

Reaction score
Washer Fluid.... or RV antifreeze can have a higher concentration (check the label- some don't use methanol)... pour in a few inches of foam brush soap and take the tip out of the hydrominder...

I do that when it gets too cold up here in the PNW (and turn off the weep to my FB- i put a ball valve on it)

pgrzes

Reaction score
literally a gallon or two? Id use WWF. Just dont forget to adjust the concentration since wwf methanol content varies.
Paul, You have a local guy in your area that sells methanol. Kelly Racing Fuels. Give him a shout with any needs. He is a great guy, just be sure to have an hour to listen to him! He loves to talk. Rich P. He is also friends with Randy K.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Hey Pete, thanks - you told me that a couple years ago, and... I listened. I do get my methanol from Rich now. :) Thanks.
I suggested WWF to aka Duane because he didnt know a local supplier, and WWF is quick easy cheap.