What's new

Solenoids for corrosive lo-ph triple foam? (And product suggestions?)

MEP001

Reaction score
Here's the results on a Kip all-stainless solenoid from using Stinger's trifoam:

Eroded solenoid.jpg

That hole goes through to the outlet port.

Randy

Reaction score
A KIP valve wouldn't be a good choice to use with a high PH product. A High PH product will eat up Stainless steel pretty fast.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Thanks again for the helpful replies. I just took a few photos to show the current setup. If I can’t find a solenoid that works, it sounds like switching chemicals is the next best option. Any additional suggestions are appreciated!

View attachment 494

View attachment 495
I have converted a few systems like that to 3 pumps and put an air solenoid on each pump and removed the solenoids on the tank they always seem to be problematic.

Mchas

Reaction score
Seems like polish would be safe since it is not low pH. Hard to know which one to try though. Anyone have pictures/videos of their triple foam that looks really good?

Mchas

Reaction score
A KIP valve wouldn't be a good choice to use with a high PH product. A High PH product will eat up Stainless steel pretty fast.
Yea, seems like high pH or low pH will be problematic for this type of triple foam system. The Simoniz UVP was previously recommended when I originally made this thread but isn’t that a low pH product?

This says it is acidic, < 4 pH. Is that low enough to damage my brass solenoids? I would guess so?

Mchas

Reaction score
I think several here use JBS glow foam polish which is available at Kleen Rite.
I see KR has several different ones: “Glow Foam Polish”, “Glow Foam Wax”, and then “Glow Foam Ceramic Finish” (but that last one says it’s for automatics).

What’s the difference between the polish and the wax?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I use Warsaw 721 R, B, & Y...TF Polish. I've never had an issue with the 1/2" brass GC solenoids at the tanks or the brass kip manifold that directs chemical to the bays. Been installed over 10 years and haven't changed the first solenoid.
Correction, The trifoam I use is a "Trivalley" product who is my chemical distributor. The rest of the chemicals I use are Warsaw Products also delivered by Trivalley. The PH is not listed on the buckets of the Trifoam...

Mchas

Reaction score
Something else I just thought of - if I switch to a polish or wax (one of the JBS products, for example), will it still foam well? I would like the customer to have a good show. Any pictures or videos of some of these products would be great if anyone has some!

Etowah