What's new

SOFTGLOSS SHORT BAY HELP WITH FORD F250

daynightsigns

Reaction score
This issue is years old, but being really random, I just dealt with it.

I am having random shut downs with F250 trucks only. When the gantry is at the entrance(rear),only during a rinse or dry cycle, the rear brushes will not open as the gantry moves forward(from the rear), and of course will get a shut down, jamming the rear brushes against the tailgate. It is very random when it happens, thus making it hard to diagnose. It might be 4 weeks or 3 hours before it happens again. I live in horse country, so everyone drives a 3/4ton truck.

I have noticed(when it does work), almost every time during the tri-foam/ brush cycles, the gantry will come all the way back to the rubber bumper stops as it moves to the rear(the entrance), start to reverse towards the exit(the front), then you can hear the MacValve air open up the rear brushes and then continue the wash. If the gantry does not come all the way to the rubber bumper stops, that's when I know the brushes will not open.

I have changed all three prox switches, front/rear & short bay, the photo eyes are clean and all the air pressures are on point. It does not show any codes except the shut down, which is a gantry motor tripped breaker. I thought it might be the photo eyes "seeing through" the aluminum rim spokes if they were in a certain position since it only happens on the Ford F250, so I put a bucket on the backside of the tire and 10 other crazy things. Let me know what you think.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
This issue is years old, but being really random, I just dealt with it.

I am having random shut downs with F250 trucks only. When the gantry is at the entrance(rear),only during a rinse or dry cycle, the rear brushes will not open as the gantry moves forward(from the rear), and of course will get a shut down, jamming the rear brushes against the tailgate. It is very random when it happens, thus making it hard to diagnose. It might be 4 weeks or 3 hours before it happens again. I live in horse country, so everyone drives a 3/4ton truck.

I have noticed(when it does work), almost every time during the tri-foam/ brush cycles, the gantry will come all the way back to the rubber bumper stops as it moves to the rear(the entrance), start to reverse towards the exit(the front), then you can hear the MacValve air open up the rear brushes and then continue the wash. If the gantry does not come all the way to the rubber bumper stops, that's when I know the brushes will not open.

I have changed all three prox switches, front/rear & short bay, the photo eyes are clean and all the air pressures are on point. It does not show any codes except the shut down, which is a gantry motor tripped breaker. I thought it might be the photo eyes "seeing through" the aluminum rim spokes if they were in a certain position since it only happens on the Ford F250, so I put a bucket on the backside of the tire and 10 other crazy things. Let me know what you think.
I

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
I have had this issue with my MAXX 5 on a short bay kit. It usually only happens on a long truck. Extended cab long bed. The back brush will get hung on the bumper I had it trip the breaker and also had it break the arm off. They tried getting another program but still will do it sometimes. I think their programmer just left also. The back arms just don’t move out before the machine starts to tram foward

daynightsigns

Reaction score
My rear brushes are not hanging on the bumpers as yours are. Mine will not open at all, nothing my details in the original post.

What I don’t understand is, why does it just do it randomly on the Ford F-250 and why only the rinse or the dry cycle?

I CAN wash a Chevy/ Dodge 2500 long bed with no problem.

Ford 250 short or long beds are the only ones that I have random issues
with.
Thanks for the reply