What's new

Soft gloss xs, VS, maxx 5

Nathang

Reaction score
I truly apologize if this is not the proper format or posting location up front! New member and recent wash owner.

I have a soft gloss xs ( dated but running well with updates)

Basic 7.00, 1 pass wax,dry 9.00 10.00 x2 basic setup, viable and profitable.

100+k investment on maxx 5 for 12/14 washes with the bells and whistles and oh so important light shows 😄

Worth it or nay. Details available as user input is insanely stellar of advice!

soonermajic

Reaction score
Little more info please. Not as many assumption based phrases & sentences. Im not really following this...

OurTown

Reaction score
I think he's asking if it's worth it to spend $100K on a newer version of his machine and justify raising the top two wash prices $2 and $4.

Nathang

Reaction score
Yes, sorry for the delayed response. Im in an bind where the back brushs on mine are ripping daily and it will need new before winter.

7k for a full set of neo glide
12k+ for ryko

My current xs works with no complaints i was just looking at my future and if the 100k with all the visuals/features would bring in more traffic to justify the cost.

Apologies again 4 months in the industry and 100k ish financed is daunting.

washnshine

Reaction score
Also good to consider the wash count on your current machine when considering replacing the whole unit. You may have many cycles left on your current one.

Price increases do not always have to be accompanied by a brand new unit. You can replace your brushes(which sounds necessary now anyway) and make sure you are using high quality chemicals that make a noticeable difference on the finish of the car.
That will more than justify a price increase.

If you are absolutely set on needing the “light show”, it doesn’t necessarily have to come with a new machine. Operators on this forum have installed lights(light bars/strobes/flashing led’s) in the bay itself (walls and ceilings) to highlight upgrade purchases. That’s how it’s done in a lots of tunnels anyway - lights don’t always have to be on an arch or gantry.

So if 100k for a brand new machine is not in the cards right now, you can still have a machine that will command a higher price point with what you’ve got.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As mentioned you have upgrade options and a nice refurb of your existing unit is a good time to go up a couple of bucks. If you do that you could keep your existing low cost washes and make one of yours 10.00 a 12.00 or even 14.00 wash.

I'm doing $8(25%), $12(31%), and $16(43%) in a nice neighborhood with a new machine. Not particularity high volume though, only 800 or so cars a Month.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Greg, that still computes out to about $125k though. Pretty dang good, & keeps wear & tear away...

Nathang

Reaction score
Also good to consider the wash count on your current machine when considering replacing the whole unit. You may have many cycles left on your current one.

Price increases do not always have to be accompanied by a brand new unit. You can replace your brushes(which sounds necessary now anyway) and make sure you are using high quality chemicals that make a noticeable difference on the finish of the car.
That will more than justify a price increase.

If you are absolutely set on needing the “light show”, it doesn’t necessarily have to come with a new machine. Operators on this forum have installed lights(light bars/strobes/flashing led’s) in the bay itself (walls and ceilings) to highlight upgrade purchases. That’s how it’s done in a lots of tunnels anyway - lights don’t always have to be on an arch or gantry.

So if 100k for a brand new machine is not in the cards right now, you can still have a machine that will command a higher price point with what you’ve got.

Nathang

Reaction score
Thank you so much, you were incredibly insightful and I truly appreciate your opinion. Your comment on the lighting it's a huge consideration I was overlooking.

Tokens in the mail bud!!