What's new

Short bay, need suggestions...!!!

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hello all,

We are planning to change one of our PDQ G5's for a soft touch machine. The only problem we have is that our bay is only 33 Ft long. At this moment Coleman Hanna and Washworld said no because they need at least 37 Ft to work. We are thinking in PDQ Surfline, Belanger Freestyler and Ryko SoftGloss Maxx. Any other suggestions?.Some feedback on those machines will be appreciate.
Thanks

soonermajic

Reaction score
I don't think those can do that short either. Spend a lil money & add on to the rear. Put dryers outside & get those cars through faster & dryer.

jsoriano

Reaction score
I don't think those can do that short either. Spend a lil money & add on to the rear. Put dryers outside & get those cars through faster & dryer.
The problem is we bought the carwash like it is and there's no space to make bays longer. One of those companies are suggesting to put dryers outside bay.

WWCornell

Reaction score
Washworld is currently working on solutions for installing Profile in shorter bays. If you would like some more information about this you can contact Nate at 920-338-9278 using the extension number 138. :)

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am the same identical situation not only does a friction machine have to have a long long bay it has be wide also 16ft wide. Whichever manufacture sees this problem and seeks to it and builds a friction machine to go in the older SS washes that are small will sell them overnight. Until then Touchfree is the machine that has to go into the old bays

soapy

Reaction score
A 3 brush unit should work. Ryko and many others make the 3 brush. They are a bit slower. I had a ryko 5 brush friction in a 30 foot bay. I could not do crew cab long box trucks but if I had the extra 3 feet you do I easily could have.

washnshine

Reaction score
You might also be able to get a D&S IQ in that bay. Check their specs - even if your bay is still a little short, some companies can work around a few feet if that is the only difference.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
You might also be able to get a D&S IQ in that bay. Check their specs - even if your bay is still a little short, some companies can work around a few feet if that is the only difference.
D& S IQ is same requirements as WW & PDQ

Roz

Reaction score
I think an Istobal fits into a small bay.

washnshine

Reaction score
If you are in a warm climate - you can just have the machine travel out of the bay like this one!

STXCW

Reaction score
PDQ Surfline will fit but if ordering a frame, width will have to be 15' minimum...not 14'11" but 15'. Tandem will also fit but you will have to cut rail length to fit

Ryko CS

Reaction score
In a 33' bay, a Softgloss with on-board dry can wash up to around a 21' long vehicle using a short bay kit. The short bay would allow the rear arms to fold in during non-brush passes so it can travel further to the rear.