What's new

Shared Pump Reservoir

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I have two different sized Hydra-Cells sitting back to back and am thinking of connecting them to the same cylindrical 175 gal reservoir tank. This would double the reserve capacity and create more head. It would also eliminate one valve and hopefully reduce water pressure drop throughout the system when the big on is running. There will be times when both pumps run simultaneously. The inlet lines look to be 1.25" and 2".
Has anyone done this and will there be problems when both pumps run at once??

Thanks.

MC

If it ain't broke.....try harder!

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you put each pump on a separate fitting to the tank? That way as long as the tank has sufficient feed that it won't run empty, there won't be any issues with supply to the pump.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I run a D-35 and a D-25 Wanner on the same reservoir with no problem. Thats 60 gpm from a 200 gal tank. I agree with Mep001 that each pump needs its own connection to the tank. make sure you have enough flow to keep the reservoir from runing low.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that pumps would have separate intake lines at about the same elevation but opposite on another.
Glad to hear someone has done this successfully.
Thanks for the feedback.
MC

pgrzes

Reaction score
i have 2 d25s, running on 1 - 2" tank outlet. The line comes from tank, has a t on the first pump and continues on to second pump. Have not had any problems, been running this way for several years.