What's new

Sensotron

JoshsWashes

Reaction score
I’ve recently had 2 ginsan sensotrons go bad in my SS Bays. They both started adding 4 credits per quarter instead of 1.

I replaced them and all is good. Can these things be sent in and rebuilt or anyone have a

MEP001

Reaction score
They can be repaired.

In my experience, the repair cost is about a third of a new unit, they don't seem to last when repaired, and the repair warranty is only 90 days. Slugbusters are cheaper to buy, cheaper to repair, and work when repaired.

txheat

Reaction score
Replace them not worth repair. Price increase on slugbuster?? Its the almost same with sensortron insert only.

Randy

Reaction score
The last time I called about repairing a sensortron coin acceptor Ginsan told me they'll only repair them if they are under 2 years old. I'd toss them into dumpster and move on. I like the Slugbuster II coin acceptor, at least they are repairable.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
The last time I called about repairing a sensortron coin acceptor Ginsan told me they'll only repair them if they are under 2 years old. I'd toss them into dumpster and move on. I like the Slugbuster II coin acceptor, at least they are repairable.
That must have been quite some time ago because we've been repairing them up to 15 years old for as long as I can remember. The cost is $40 per unit plus shipping. The warranty is 90 days on anything we repair and the amount of things returned to us after initial repair is less than 1%.

bigjws

Reaction score
I've always had good results with Sensortron repairs .. just got several back, and like Dan said they were $40 each to repair. A couple were giving too many pulses per quarter, a couple had no power, etc. Just call in and they'll give you a RMA# -- they were back within a week or two.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
That must have been quite some time ago because we've been repairing them up to 15 years old for as long as I can remember. The cost is $40 per unit plus shipping. The warranty is 90 days on anything we repair and the amount of things returned to us after initial repair is less than 1%.
Not sure where the disconnect is here but I also called Ginsan 3-4 years ago and was told there was no repair option for the Sensortrons.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Not sure where the disconnect is here but I also called Ginsan 3-4 years ago and was told there was no repair option for the Sensortrons.
I'd be interested in knowing who you talked to because that is factually incorrect. I've been in charge of this department for a dozen years and take 95% of the technical support calls. What I posted is our official policy. If you speak to anyone here that tells you different, please refer them to me.