What's new

Self Service Car Wash - Covid-19

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Has anyone in a state that has shut down to all non essential business have to shut down your self service car wash. I’m in AZ and so far business really hasn’t been hurt too much. Just wondering since it’s self service, if it would need to potentially be closed. Thanks.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I'm in CA, and I haven't shut my SS wash down.

MEP001

Reaction score
Texas hasn't issued a shutdown, but several counties have including mine. Bexar county (San Antonio) apparently has said car washes are allowed to remain open.

I haven't run any numbers yet, but I don't see a huge downturn in business, certainly not so bad that I won't have to dip into reserves.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Yeah. So far numbers are pretty much holding at my self service and IBA’s. Good place for people to get out and still social distance. Only thing that has dropped significantly is my full service hand wash location which we’ve gone to exterior only through the Corona issue.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Business seems normal. I'm disinfecting the guns, rotary dials, foam brush handles, etc with a mild bleach solution twice a day. I'm still letting the paper money sit for a few days until I handle it.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Yup, been counting cash for 16 years in the business and this week was the first time I wore a face mask while counting. Still no worries running all the quarters though through the Scan Coin. Lol

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Business seems normal. I'm disinfecting the guns, rotary dials, foam brush handles, etc with a mild bleach solution twice a day. I'm still letting the paper money sit for a few days until I handle it.
Considering the high content of copper within $1 coins they are safer it appears! We give a lot of them out from our changers so they tend to end up in our coin boxes. Here is a very credible link comparing the Covid-19 on plastic vs $1 coins:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do-you-need-to-change-and-wash-your-clothes-after-visiting-the-grocery-store-2020-03-24?mod=article_inline

Here is a link on the copper content of $1 coins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coins_of_the_United_States_dollar

BTW, it seems like locals are finally finding the time since everything else is cancelled to actually getting around to washing their cars ... hopefully it continues. Time will tell. The extreme low price of gasoline is also working in our favor car washing wise IMHO.