What's new

S. E. Missouri Stringer

jprb

Reaction score
I recovered bills at two of our car washes in SE MO which had tape and string on them. I don't believe the changers or ACW's were defeated, but he did cause damage to one of the bill acceptors. He also tampered with the surveilance cameras.

The suspect is a white male, about 5'10", short dark hair. He's driving a black Cadilac Escalde. The license number is 5YB247 (MO).

I found him on video at three of our car washes. The information has been forwarded to the police in each jusidiction.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of Bill validators are you using?

Randy

Reaction score
Randy, We have Hamilton HVXE in an ACW and RNS Changers. Mars validators in American Paystations and AC1005 changers.
There is no such validator as an “HVXE” There used be an HVX, if you’re using the old HVX you’d better get rid of it tomorrow. If you using the newer XE validator you should be using the v3.55 anti-stringing software. It shuts down the validator for predetermined amount of time when detects a stringing attempt, you can set the sensitivity and the amount time it will shut down.

Be forewarned, there is no validator made that CAN NOT be manipulated, it’s just a matter of time.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's about time they stuck one of these bastards with some real charges.

Please keep us updated - I'd love to show this to a cop or judge some day if necessary. Car wash thieves almost never get charged with anything around here.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I think you guys need a good dose of reality. Property crime at a car wash has about the lowest priority of any crimes. The police can charge the scumbags with about anything they want. It’s up to the prosecutor to file charges and take the case to court. Once charges are filed it’s called let’s make a deal, they will plea bargain it down to basically a good scolding or maybe a slap on the hands. The criminal justice system is broke and it costs a lot of money to incarcerate a person and they want to conserve those funds for bigger fish. They can’t fine them or try to get restitution but because they have no way of paying they end up not ever paying, that’s why they are out stealing, no job, no money. Be real!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Kevin James said:
I think you guys need a good dose of reality.
Exactly who are you scolding? I think most of us know by now that car wash crimes are low priority.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
When I was a distributor someone stole the batteries out of all my delivery trucks. It had snowed during the night and there were footprints from my trucks to a neighbors. When I called the police and showed them they said that was not probable cause to check out the neighbor.

That same neighbor housed a lot of stolen goods. He would usually leave the place by seven in the morning. One morning a detective came into my place and said he had warrant for the guy and wanted to know if I knew when he was usually there. I told him the guy always left at about seven. The detective said, "But I don't start my shift until 8".

So much for good police work.

jprb

Reaction score
I think you guys need a good dose of reality. Property crime at a car wash has about the lowest priority of any crimes. The police can charge the scumbags with about anything they want. It’s up to the prosecutor to file charges and take the case to court. Once charges are filed it’s called let’s make a deal, they will plea bargain it down to basically a good scolding or maybe a slap on the hands. The criminal justice system is broke and it costs a lot of money to incarcerate a person and they want to conserve those funds for bigger fish. They can’t fine them or try to get restitution but because they have no way of paying they end up not ever paying, that’s why they are out stealing, no job, no money. Be real!!!
Kevin, I agree with most of your post. These charges have been filed. A warrant with a $25,000 CASH bond was issued and the suspect was arrested, and still in jail (as far as I know). He's been in jail for a while now. I'm sure a plea will come up, and I guess he may get probation. Having the crimes on his record will help any future victims' case, and the punishment will hopefully get worse each time he commits a crime in the future. Anything is better than nothing!!

jackwilliams

Reaction score
Kevin, I agree with most of your post. These charges have been filed. A warrant with a $25,000 CASH bond was issued and the suspect was arrested, and still in jail (as far as I know). He's been in jail for a while now. I'm sure a plea will come up, and I guess he may get probation. Having the crimes on his record will help any future victims' case, and the punishment will hopefully get worse each time he commits a crime in the future. Anything is better than nothing!!
He will just use that as a lesson learned and get slicker at beating car washes. He will agree to a plea bargain for $1000 fine, 5 years probation & restitution.
Can you email me pics or vids? What bill acceptors was he stringing

washnvac

Reaction score
I have chimed in with this before----switch to ALL $1 high security tokens! I have nothing on my five sites that dispenses quarters. Every changer and auto cashier dispenses high security $1 tokens from VanBrooke.

BTW- I have been in the business since 1994 and have never been strung. Currently using mostly CoinCo MAG 50s or 52s.

And then, of course, there is that added bonus of walk away. I replenish about 8k in tokens yearly. That cost me about $1520. Nice profit on that.

jprb

Reaction score
This guy was arrested on Feb 18 and was in jail until his lawyer entered the guilty plea on May 1. That's 3 months in jail! He was released to another jurisdiction in Kentucky to face similar charges! Part of completing his 5 yr probation will be to repay me for damage and thefts. I'm satisfied with the outcome.

JPRB