What's new

Ryko Softgloss Top Brush Slamming

WashSingh

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

The top brush on my Ryko Softgloss has been slamming up pretty hard to it's resting position after it completes washing the top of a car. I wasn't sure if this was just a problem with my unit, so I checked out a few others in my area and they all release upward in a much softer motion. Mine literally slams up and creates a loud banging sound.

Have any of you encountered this? How does one fix it so it softly floats up after washing the top of a car? I fear it can damage or break the frame, and the slamming sound is scaring customers in the wash bay.

Thanks in advance.

WashSingh

DiamondWash

Reaction score
On the top of your system is an air cylinder with a air adjusting valve on the left end make sure it's not unscrewed all the way.

WashSingh

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Is this the adjustment valve you are talking about? Do you usually adjust it with a pair of pliers? Sorry - new to the Ryko Softgloss system.

Thanks.

View attachment 1051

Etowah

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yes the valve circled in red is the one i'm referring to, you should be able to turn it with your fingers, if not try spraying some PB Blaster on it letting it soak of course and try again. If you are going to use pliers you might break off the adjustment screw then you will have to replace the 1/4" valve. I set mine by tightening it all the way down make a mark with a permanent marker and open the valve 3 turns.

WashSingh

Reaction score
Yes the valve circled in red is the one i'm referring to, you should be able to turn it with your fingers, if not try spraying some PB Blaster on it letting it soak of course and try again. If you are going to use pliers you might break off the adjustment screw then you will have to replace the 1/4" valve. I set mine by tightening it all the way down make a mark with a permanent marker and open the valve 3 turns.
Thank you very much! I'll give this a shot in the upcoming days!