What's new

Ryko Softgloss Dryer Settings

Macau

Reaction score
Customers complain that the Car is not drying well, and I do agree.
There is water on front windshield of car which did NOT show until recently.

It has a 2 pass dryer cycle.

Tech checked and said all settings are ok, however issue is not resolved.

Any suggestions to get better dry on Ryko softgloss?

Current temperatures are in 50 to 75F range

Rfl6543

Reaction score
Customers complain that the Car is not drying well, and I do agree.
There is water on front windshield of car which did NOT show until recently.

It has a 2 pass dryer cycle.

Tech checked and said all settings are ok, however issue is not resolved.

Any suggestions to get better dry on Ryko softgloss?

Current temperatures are in 50 to 75F range
Have you changed chemicals lately?

Cshanehill

Reaction score
You can try adjusting the air cylinders for the flaps so that one side comes up faster so that the water is not simply blowing from side to side. This will help to get the water to the side of the car. Also make sure you are using speed setting 2. It increases wash time but helps dry.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
It sound like a chemical problem, if the water is not beading, the wash will have a very hard time blowing off the water no matter how the dryer is set up. Set the oscillators so the go the full range of movement AND so the never stop moving; this will insure the best dry possible.

Rfl6543

Reaction score
Have you changed chemicals lately?
I do not know your chemical situation, but have seen if your lubrication detergent is high ph cars won't dry as well. There are so many factors to getting a good dry but an idea you could try is us a low ph for your detergent, making sure it has good lubricity. Would like to help you but would need more information to help further. Have a good holidays

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
I do not know your chemical situation, but have seen if your lubrication detergent is high ph cars won't dry as well. There are so many factors to getting a good dry but an idea you could try is us a low ph for your detergent, making sure it has good lubricity. Would like to help you but would need more information to help further. Have a good holidays
More than likely its just a lubricant and is neutral.....

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The Ryko has fixed nozzles and should be the same as any other Softgloss without reclaim. The only way to put more water on is to slow the rinse pass down. The Softgloss has been engineered to only use as much water as needed to rinse an average car so this should not be an issue. I agree that the soap should be neutral on the PH scale.

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
The Ryko has fixed nozzles and should be the same as any other Softgloss without reclaim. The only way to put more water on is to slow the rinse pass down. The Softgloss has been engineered to only use as much water as needed to rinse an average car so this should not be an issue. I agree that the soap should be neutral on the PH scale.
If there was a way to cut the water volume down...Thats where I would start....