What's new

Ryko Signature Series S.S Faceplate

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Does anybody here have the Ryko Signature Series Self Serve equipment, one of my coinboxes in my self serve bay got smoked today from somebody washing a ton of mud into the coinbox face. There are 3 PCB boards and a keypad timer that runs the bay and each board is almost $800 and the keypad timer is $2300 coming to roughly $4700 to replace everything because there is no way to tell which board got smoked. I want to just replace the door with another company and now is such a great time to spend thousands with what's going on in the world today. Sorry for the rant just a little pissy but I was just checking if anybody here had this same equipment and if you replace the door with another manufacture.

20200405_183116.jpg

20200405_184039.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen where someone took a Coleman door that has a similar large hole for a keypad selector, someone took two thin pieces of stainless with the edges chamfered, drilled a hole for a rotary switch in them, used the switch to hold them together and put a decal over it. Cost was practically nothing, and you couldn't tell from the outside that it wasn't a solid panel. I would probably screw something to the backside and level it with epoxy or body filler.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Steve this looks like a very confusing meter box, my customers couldn't figure that out with the keypad very interesting concept can you give codes. Sorry to be off subject. On a positive note call RDM electronics in Nebo NC you could send them the boards to get repaired and get you up and running or a local electronic repair shop maybe. Good luck sry this happened

soapy

Reaction score
I have the signature series but I went with the simpler rotary switch version.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have the same exact panels at my wash. I've fixed them many times from relay boards, to timers, etc. There is a company I used to test & repair I believe the relay board and the board on the side of the coin acceptor ( I forgot what it's called ). I'll find them in my email.

What is happening?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have the same exact panels at my wash. I've fixed them many times from relay boards, to timers, etc. There is a company I used to test & repair I believe the relay board and the board on the side of the coin acceptor ( I forgot what it's called ). I'll find them in my email.

What is happening?
Every function keeps turning off and on all at the same time.

mac

Reaction score
Well welcome to the world of Ryko overengineering. As many of you are aware, most customers have a hard time figuring out an 8 position rotary switch, much less that thing. I mean there are three different wax products for crying out loud. It is sooo nice being out of the equipment sales so that now I can say anything I want about them. The problem you will have is that replacing the door with another brand may only complicate things, as the rest of the stuff is all tied into it. There is a four bay close to me that closed a few years ago that has these boxes. If you want I might be able to get the owners number.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Every function keeps turning off and on all at the same time.
I've never experienced that problem. I'd start with trying the relay board from another working panel. I've had 3 of them repaired. Usually the relay boards when they begin to shit the bed functions begin to not work then progressively all of them.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I've never experienced that problem. I'd start with trying the relay board from another working panel. I've had 3 of them repaired. Usually the relay boards when they begin to shit the bed functions begin to not work then progressively all of them.
Where did you get your boards repaired?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I believe it was RDM. Let me confirm when I get up to my wash later. I've got some other remanufactured things from them – specifically a printer for a WSII. I emailed them asking them if they could fix other electronic things and they said send it to them they'll test it and if it could be repaired they'd fix it. I sent them one, they fixed it, then I sent them the other two. The prices were super reasonable too

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I believe GinSan builds custom meter doors for various car wash manufacturers including Ryko, so instead of getting them possibly repaired I might as well go ahead and spend the money on updating them to a new look and functionality, here's the next question rotary or push-button?.

Car_Wash_Guy......I still would like to know where you got your PCB boards repaired/tested please and thank you.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I know Im usually the 1 getting advice, bit I do have experience w/ push button & rotary knob. From my experience, when a rotary goes bad, put a new one on there for $100.
When the push button door goes bad...stress tonthe max trying to ever figure it out, then pay HUNDREDS or MORE & HOPE that is what it was.

GinSan is great to work with.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I'm getting new meter box doors for each bay from GinSan, but now I have a question about coin acceptors I had IDX MA-800's now we are going with GinSan Sensortron 2 I'm wondering if they will be a direct replacement because the quarter drop spot has to be the same from IDX to Sensortron 2 for my vault, I don't see the dimensions on GinSan or KR for the Sensortron 2.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ask Dan maybe? He's pretty sharp. Tell em don't try to be so Cerebral though. Ha

Etowah

DavidM

Reaction score
Good choice on the Ginsan doors. We have worked with them alot. Maybe too late but I definately recommend the push buttons over rotary. The push buttons from Ginsan have been trouble free for a long time.

The biggest issue for the coin drop will be the position on the door, as long as they have designed the door to keep the coin slot in the same location everything should line up.

As soon as we get the income improved at the wash we just bought we will probably do the same conversion door.

David

MEP001

Reaction score
Well I'm getting new meter box doors for each bay from GinSan, but now I have a question about coin acceptors I had IDX MA-800's now we are going with GinSan Sensortron 2 I'm wondering if they will be a direct replacement because the quarter drop spot has to be the same from IDX to Sensortron 2 for my vault, I don't see the dimensions on GinSan or KR for the Sensortron 2.
Do you mean Slugbuster II? I've had some minor issues with switching to those from other acceptors, but it's usually solved by cutting about 1/2" off the chute. Otherwise they're 100% interchangeable.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Do you mean Slugbuster II? I've had some minor issues with switching to those from other acceptors, but it's usually solved by cutting about 1/2" off the chute. Otherwise they're 100% interchangeable.
I , w/ apprehension, sent in a S II. It was repaired quickly, senr back to us & worked perfectly. I think MEP suggested send it in, & cost was minimal.

Del Mastro

Douglas
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for years, but I was always afraid of the wiring nightmare. Please let us know how the change-over goes. Will GinSan be providing any installation instructions?

MEP001

Reaction score
Wiring is easy with a diagram, or once you understand it.