What's new

Ryko Monarch Issues

carwash00

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum.
Anyway, the other day I went through a REALLY RARE Ryko Monarch I at a Jiffy Lube (High impact, but the CMD says "High Pressure Wash") and right after the clearcoat sealant, it literally froze up, and didn't do an emergency rinse or park at home position. on the CMD it read "Waxing" and the light was red. I waited a min, but it didn't do anything :confused: I pulled out, it parked in the rear home position and got another token from the guy and he was like "oh yeah, just go through it again, see what happens". So I went through, and it worked perfectly. Any idea what happened? I am just baffled :(

soapy

Reaction score
It probably has a some kind of pressure plate or treadle switch mounted on the floor. If something happens and the tires rolls slightly off the plate the machine will shut down because it does not know where the car is. There should be a digital 2 digit code display somewhere that will tell you what the problem was on the wash. Then look up that 2 digit code in the owners manual and you can find out what the problem was for sure. If you have a hand held computer interface you can pull the code and get a more defined description.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Code 33 indicates the machine is not in the home position. The two digit code really won't provide much guidance on the original cause, but if you have access to an HPP, you should be able to pull the 4 digit codes to determine what happened.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I know the person who used this wash and he will be a future wash owner and is doing his homework very early and that's smart.

If they have a CAW (Code a Wash) it could have displayed either of the following Codes: Code 14 End Stop Prox, Code 22 or 21 "Bay Switch off unexpectedly", Code 35 "In Program step too long" any of these would cause the system to stop. Like Darin said if you had access to an Hand Held Programmer it makes diagnosing the problem easier then chasing down possibles.

soapy

Reaction score
The owners response was that it has been doing this every couple of washes. With a hand held programmer you could find the fault code. With out seeing it up close it is hard to say. I had a Monarch like this and it was a very reliable machine overall. It could be something like a broken or stressed wire in the boom cable. That is probably my most frequent problem with these. It could have rub spot that is shorting a wire. A good ryko tech or owner would pinpoint the problem pretty quickly.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“Any idea what happened? I am just baffled ”

One reason is the Monarch I is a “decades” old machine. Without proper maintenance, any machine is prone to failure.

By today’s standards, Monarch I is obsolete technically and from marketing perspective.

Most in-bay operators I know will reload a bay (replace equipment) at about ten years.

carwash00

Reaction score
Most Carwashes in Bradenton, FL are ran by cheapskates interested in making money, not customer satisfaction, and they want to run their equipment until they completely die. Hell, there was a Voyager APC that was in service for 25+ years at an extremely high volume location! (Right off of I-75) It was finally replaced by a SoftWash XT in November because of a contract change. I'm sad that its gone, but it was way past its expiration date.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
"Most Carwashes in Bradenton, FL are ran by cheapskates interested in making money, not customer satisfaction, and they want to run their equipment until they completely die."

LOL

You don't know how long its been that I have wanted to say this somewhere!

Ryko CS

Reaction score
As the machine is basically at home, but still tagging a 33, it's likely a bad photoeye or rear endstop prox, but as this Monarch II (not a Mon I) was built in 1993, it could easily be a cable at fault. It would likely be very easy to troubleshoot if the owner decides to have someone visit the location.

carwash00

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the info!! Someone I know said it was a Monarch I. Any idea what the difference between the Monarch I and II is? I vaguely recall that someone said it had two arms, but this could just be a rumor. This one used to be a High Pressure, but the pump burned out and was replaced by a High impact pump.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yes the Monarch 1 was a two arm butterfly system same as the the belanger saber or vector but with sweeper oscillating nozzles, it also had a retractable mitter curtain it was a awesome system I wish Ryko still had pictures of it. But they scraped it for the single arm version called the monarch 2.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
DiamondWash is correct. It was only available as high pressure. Sorry, but I haven't been able to find any photos either.

carwash00

Reaction score
AHH Now I remember! you told me that! :D That would be AMAZING To see a picture of it!!! How do you know about it?

Did carwash

Reaction score
I have a ryko monarch ll I have an error code 12 have checked all sensors and they all are lit up machine is locked up any ideas

Ryko CS

Reaction score
On a Monarch II, the code 12 indicates a problem with the tire finder photoeye not transitioning. These are the photoeyes mounted along the bottom rail of the machine. PLC input X35 should be "ON" when unblocked, and go "OFF" when blocked.