What's new

Ryko $99K Special

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Looks like Ryko has brought back it's $99K Special. Has anyone purchased a softgloss lately? how about the softgloss maxx 3 combo/hybrid? Looks very similar to Istobal's Flex 3 brush and to the Mark VII choice. Any advise on what to look for or avoid would be greatly appreciated. Also any preference between the softgloss maxx 3 and the maxx 5?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Car Wash Newbie I know sooner did for his wash last time they ran this special. From what I hear from him he likes his unit and I believe its maxx 5 but not 100% sure on that.

I have a maxx 5 but mine was purchased back in 2015

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Rfreeman how has the maxx 5 worked for you? How's Ryko's support if you've used them? I know it should be different in every region but just trying to get an idea for other operators experience. Thanks! for your reply.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
The machine has been great so far! My customers really love it and they give me grief any time I have to shut it down for routine maintenance. Its fairly easy to work on so I do most of my own repairs. I am lucky bc I have kleen rite 20 mins from my wash. Between them and the guys at Astromatic (also in Texas) I have my parts same day or next day. I have used Ryko service before and they are fast as well. The techs are very suppprtive and have tried to troubleshoot anything over the phone and if that doesn't work they are at my site within 24 hrs. So yeah no real complaints and would buy another machine again.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I took advantage of their $99k special 4 mos ago. I got the Maxx 5, & it is great. There have been a few bugs to work out, & Ryko came out all 3x & fixed the issues.
2 things it needs to do better: 1. It doesn't always clean that back end really well (especially on a sloping back glass).
2. The ColorWave is supposed to be Blue LED, but it isn't near bright enough.
The 1st 1 does bug me, but 2nd problem is picking the fly $hit out of the pepper.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Does your colorwave foam at all? If so, what are you using?
My ColorWave has very avg foaming, but looks avg as well. It does perform well, just not put on a great show. I'm using Ryko's Blue Foaming Wax.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Does your colorwave foam at all? If so, what are you using?
Yeah my color wave foams pretty good. I switched my chemicals to a local guy. My customers love it...the relay went out the other day so they weren't getting any and they quickly picked up on it and let me know.