What's new

RO Rinse for Side Mirror & Rear Windows on SUV

Ant68

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a pivoting / flip RO arch to rinse side mirrors and back off SUV's
If so from what manufacture and do they work well ?

washnshine

Reaction score
Not my wash, but I have visited this guys washes.

Ant68

Reaction score
Interesting , do you know what brand of equipment that is ?

washnshine

Reaction score
Tom Hoffman has around 30 washes in Eastern and Central New York State. He has a lot of AVW equipment and always made some custom components for his washes, but recently started a company that also manufactures various components and they are now available for other operators.
The company is.

you can probably find this component or something like it on this site.

Great guy to talk to and is very knowledgeable.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of his equipment or work in any capacity for him or his companies, but only know him through visiting washes, as we are located in the same state.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Hoffman has around 30 washes in Eastern and Central New York State. He has a lot of AVW equipment and always made some custom components for his washes, but recently started a company that also manufactures various components and they are now available for other operators.
The company is.

you can probably find this component or something like it on this site.

Great guy to talk to and is very knowledgeable.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of his equipment or work in any capacity for him or his companies, but only know him through visiting washes, as we are located in the same state.
Is it safe to have the high-rpm rotational potion without a guard on it?

mac

Reaction score
I dide a simple, but effective, one on my auto. Just added a small manifold to the gantry pointing forward.. No moving parts and cost less than $150.

washnshine

Reaction score
I
Is it safe to have the high-rpm rotational potion without a guard on it?
I see what you are saying. Although this is not a friction component, it exists in a friction tunnel and friction tunnels tend to have a lot of moving parts that are potentially dangerous. Not saying that hazards should not be mitigated, they certainly should.

I don’t own this particular piece of equipment, but top brushes and counterweights when lowered, wrap arounds swinging closed, wheel brushes at floor level retracting and extending. It is all dangerous for a person to be around. That is where safety and training and lockout procedures are so important in the environment.

Good point though waxman. I’m sure a custom cover/guard could be retrofitted onto it.

Ant68

Reaction score
I dide a simple, but effective, one on my auto. Just added a small manifold to the gantry pointing forward.. No moving parts and cost less than $150.
Nice going
Can you post a photo ?