What's new

RNS coins jamming

Rudy

Reaction score
I replaced the bowl and payout switch a month (or two) ago on my RNS.

Since that time, there have been three instances of a quarter jamming at the TOP....about the eleven o'clock position.

I can feel a very slight space between the old (not replaced) motor baseplate, and the new hopper bowl at the eleven o'clock position. The screws are tight. Every jam...the quarter is wedged between the hopper bowl and the baseplate.

Since I didn't have this problem before replacing the hopper bowl.....could it be possible that the new bowl assembly is flawed?

I'm not sure that replacing the motor baseplate would fix my issue????

Ideas?

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you tell why that gap exists? Is the seam closing up all the way on the outside?

When you install the motor on the plate you should push it toward the corner with coin chute before you tighten the motor screws.

If you pull it apart, make sure the baseplate is flat in that area and doesn't have a groove worn in it.

Rudy

Reaction score
The seam, from the outside....is indeed flush. I've tightened the screws as much as I dare.

Makes me think the mating surface of the bowl wasn't made correctly. From the bowl side, there's maybe a .020" gap....and only for a very short spot...about the width of a quarter.

Rudy

Reaction score
This has happened 3 times in two weeks.

I drilled and installed a #8 screw as shown in the picture. The gap is closed up...and things should be fixed.

Hamilton tells me that they have not heard of any manufacturing discrepancies. I still wonder though.....

View attachment 1084

Randy

Reaction score
In the hundreds of Hoppers I’ve repaired I’ve never seen what you’re experiencing. I would install my spare Hopper, take that Hopper apart and check for any debris on the motor mount and put a straight edge on the new Hopper Bowl and on the motor mount to see if they a warped. Sometime isn’t right. I checked all of my Hopper Bowels and Motor mounts with a straight edge and they are all flat. The only thing I can think off would be the motor mounting plate is warped or there is debris between the bowl and the motor mount. You shouldn’t have to put in additional screws to pull it together.

Etowah