What's new

Rescue tape

washnshine

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has tried this, but it works wonders in a pinch. Probably would not use it as a permanent fix on a hp hose to an Iba, but I had a very small and slow leak (it took about 6 hours for a small drop to appear) on a fitting on my basement sink faucet. Didn’t want to tear it apart and retape the Teflon threads on nipple, so I did 2-3 wraps with this and it is rock solid. It is not sticky to the touch and fuses to itself when it is stretched and wrapped. I don’t sell it - just sharing that it works!
Good to have around the wash and house.

soapy

Reaction score
Monster tape make makes a similar product that you can get at most plumbing suppliers. It is a bit heavier and packed in larger rolls. I keep it in my riggs for overlanding.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I had a pinhole leak on the copper pipe that sends water out for the weep. It's too cold to shut the water off to replace the bad piece of copper and I remembered this post. Only took a couple seconds to tape it up and it stopped the leak, seems like it'll probably hold for as long as I want to wait to fix it the right way.. lol. It was in a tricky spot where the tape was on an uneven surface (next to a fitting) and still had no issues.

Thanks!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I keep a roll in my truck and use it often. It's good for additional abrasion resistance and worn spots on electrical cords. There is two different kinds, one requires a 24 hour fuse time, The other only one hour.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use this one. It has a one hour cure time and a guideline so you can make sure it is overlapped properly

I use it more for electrical than plumbing issues. I've wrapped it around small electrical boxes and fittings. Also have used it as a hose wrap on shampoo hoses.

Some silicone tape manufacturers make a triangular thickness tape. The center of the tape is thicker than the sides so that if wrapped properly it should lay level and look really nice.

For high pressure application I use an aluminum beer can unraveled and wrapped around the hose and secured with three hose clamps. I only do this when in a pinch on the 1" or 3/4" hose on the automatics. It will slow leaks to a drip and get me back running