What's new

Reliability of Mark VII ChoiceWash XT

detroitreds

Reaction score
I'm an absolute newbie, looking at actually building a new site. In my corner of North America, we have distributors for PDQ NCS and Oasis for inbay automatics. I'm liking the Mark VII Choicewash XT, but without direct distributor support, I'm not sure if it will be an uphill battle. One of the distributors would support it, but I may not fair high on their priority list. I've heard great reviews for maintenance on the PDQ Laserwash 360. Would it compare to the maintenance on ChoiceWash XT? I'm still trying to figure out what my market wants (friction or not), and the ChoiceWash XT seems to fit both worlds....but that may come at a price (especially if the end result for either touchless or friction is mediocre in order to have both options for customers).

chaz

Reaction score
I’ve got a markvii touchless. I briefly considered a choice type wash but I was advised it’s a tough learning curve for customers....especially those that choose touchless...then wonder why the friction equipment (that’s obviously in bay) didn’t function.

detroitreds

Reaction score
You bring an interesting point. The 2 operators I have talked to sell the washes from a convenience store (fuel station). There could be less confusion by the customers being able to ask the cashier any questions. For me, I will only have a kiosk at the bay entry. That may not be exactly what you meant, but it's certainly something to think about on my end.

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm an absolute newbie, looking at actually building a new site. In my corner of North America, we have distributors for PDQ NCS and Oasis for inbay automatics. I'm liking the Mark VII Choicewash XT, but without direct distributor support, I'm not sure if it will be an uphill battle. One of the distributors would support it, but I may not fair high on their priority list. I've heard great reviews for maintenance on the PDQ Laserwash 360. Would it compare to the maintenance on ChoiceWash XT? I'm still trying to figure out what my market wants (friction or not), and the ChoiceWash XT seems to fit both worlds....but that may come at a price (especially if the end result for either touchless or friction is mediocre in order to have both options for customers).
I would imagine the choicewash would have more maintenance involved (compared to the Laserwash 360) since it is essentially two machines in one.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not to steal his thunder but IB has had good luck with his.

A lot of combo units compromise somewhere.

I will say that Oasis I5 is a pretty good cleaner and a fast machine if you choose friction. Touch free has its' niche, but I think most people( maybe 80%) want a clean car and don't care how it gets clean. Friction will use less water and less chemicals and give more consistent results.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Not to steal his thunder but IB has had good luck with his.
That is correct, but mine is not combo, it's friction only. I really don't understand buying a combo. I think the bulk of the customers are going to see the brushes and assume it's friction. Frankly, I ain't got the time or patience to attempt to explain it to them, when most won't understand anyway. My 2¢

washnshine

Reaction score
I never owned one, but I’m guessing you have to deal with almost a double menu. Unless you put the touch free washes on the lower packages and the combo on the top. Then you have to ask yourself if you should be offering a friction with no hp somewhere in the middle. And what if customers want the top wash to be touch free? As the other guys said, too much to explain. Customers will be confused.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I will say that I had a fusion X (combo)next to a water wizard(touch free). Out of the four selections I offered two basic packages and two ultimate packages, each package was offered as touch free or soft cloth. It didn't seem to impair sales.

washnshine

Reaction score
I will say that I had a fusion X (combo)next to a water wizard(touch free). Out of the four selections I offered two basic packages and two ultimate packages, each package was offered as touch free or soft cloth. It didn't seem to impair sales.
I see, so with a machine like that you still offer 4 packages, just two levels of each type of wash. Makes sense.

M7T

Reaction score
I have been a carwash tech for the last 10yrs, mostly serviced Mark VII, but also some PDQs and Ryko. You guys are pretty much correct about the confusion that generates on customers who prefer a touchfree a ChoiceWash with brushes. But, also I have noticed that it depends of the type of customers and location. I serviced a ChoiceWash located off the I95 highway where most customers are travelers, not locals, where the customer confusion is more frequent. While in the suburbs and city, customers get used to it.
Other feature I noticed customers love it about the Mark VII are the hubscrubers.