What's new

Refused customer damage claim 2015 GMC Acadia

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Received a customer complaint today. Roof moulding came off a 2015 GMC Acadia sometime after my IBA car wash. They said it's the SECOND time it happened at my wash. They said it was $85 to replace the first time and wanted me to pay for it this time.

I found one one Ebay ( while on the phone with customer ) for $10 (new). She asked me to pay the $10. I was thinking I'd offer her half, in good faith. Before I could, she started in with the threats: " I work at such and such hospital where ALOT of the nurses use your car wash. I'll tell them all how terrible you are etc etc.". Then she threatened that "Her husband will be following up with me". Then she hung up.

So fun!

washnshine

Reaction score
Tell her husband that you saved him $75 because his wife was about to pay $85 for something that only costs $10.

MEP001

Reaction score
Tell her to have her insurance contact your insurance. She'll most likely get nothing. I've only had one instance of a customer threatening like that, and that's what we did. I won't take threats or abuse.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I got a 2 star google review today from a guy that got my $7 base touchless wash and complains about “only
2 minute of soap!”.

Some people are just unrealistic

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I got a 2 star google review today from a guy that got my $7 base touchless wash and complains about “only
2 minute of soap!”.
You know you can reply to those reviews right? When I get a less than desirable review for some bonehead reason, I put some professional response in there so others reading it end with a positive feeling. They also see that you care and respond.

OurTown

Reaction score
We respond to every Google review good or bad. Several times we had a bad one the customer changed to to a five star because we reached out to them to make it right.

New Washdog

Reaction score
We respond to every Google review good or bad. Several times we had a bad one the customer changed to to a five star because we reached out to them to make it right.
In two years I've been involved in Google responses it's been a rare occasion that someone responds. and I have never had one change the star rating.

OurTown

Reaction score
In two years I've been involved in Google responses it's been a rare occasion that someone responds. and I have never had one change the star rating.

Two times it happened with Google plus one edited their review wording. One time it happened with Yelp. (Yelp sucks BTW)

OurTown

Reaction score
Actually the Yelp one was just bumped up one star and did not become a five star. If you can get into contact with them then you can show them your great customer service. (if you have that)

New Washdog

Reaction score
Actually the Yelp one was just bumped up one star and did not become a five star. If you can get into contact with them then you can show them your great customer service. (if you have that)
Customer service is our number one priority!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
You know you can reply to those reviews right? When I get a less than desirable review for some bonehead reason, I put some professional response in there so others reading it end with a positive feeling. They also see that you care and respond.
That's exactly what I did. Explained the process and the soaps used and explained that more soap doesn't equal better wash. Then I kindly offered him to come back for a free wash .

mac

Reaction score
I am always amused by how some people get threatening over the phone. When asked to come and face you they never do.

OurTown

Reaction score
I am always amused by how some people get threatening over the phone. When asked to come and face you they never do.

People get bold hiding behind their steering wheel, keyboard, or phone. I'm guessing it is because they can't deal with or are scared of the other person's facial expressions or body language.