What's new

Recurring hydrominder issue

Spwaycarwash

Reaction score
What causes a hydrominder to get to where very little water flows through it once activated? I have had several do it over the years and in one particular spot I’m having it happen every few months. It still fills the vat and draws some (not enough) tire cleaner but it runs very slow

at least twice I’ve tried replacing the diaphragm, stem, spring, and cylindrical piece and once I’ve put it back together it wouldn’t run water at all when activated so I had to replace with a new hydrominder

Spwaycarwash

Reaction score
What is the water pressure at the Hydrominders? Have you replaced the mesh screen inlet washer?
You know I don’t think I have which is an oversight on my part but the fact that a new hydrominder fixes it eliminates that as a possibility I would think

And im not exactly sure what the water pressure is there, I did wonder if it might be too high but there about 5 hydrominders right next to each other coming from the same source so if pressure was an issue I’d think it would get more than just this one

MEP001

Reaction score
You know I don’t think I have which is an oversight on my part but the fact that a new hydrominder fixes it eliminates that as a possibility I would think
The new Hydrominder would come with a new mesh filter.

And im not exactly sure what the water pressure is there, I did wonder if it might be too high but there about 5 hydrominders right next to each other coming from the same source so if pressure was an issue I’d think it would get more than just this one
Too high water pressure will usually keep them from coming on at all.

When I've had the problem you describe, it's usually one of three things: a clogged filter screen, buildup in the eductor, or a bad valve. In my experience, replacing just the diaphragm either doesn't solve the issue or it does temporarily. A new valve kit with stem, plunger and spring almost always does the trick.