What's new

Recommended Order For Following

hkim310

Reaction score
What is the "recommended" order of application to a vehicle for the following products:

1. Rain X
2. Drying Agent
3. Sealer Wax
4. Final Rinse

washnshine

Reaction score
What is the "recommended" order of application to a vehicle for the following products:

1. Rain X
2. Drying Agent
3. Sealer Wax
4. Final Rinse
I learned on this site that if you use a super sealer product like rain X or hot wax, you do not need a drying agent and I have found that to be true. These products provide a higher bead (higher contact angle), so they allow blowers to achieve an even dryer vehicle. So for me it goes hot wax, final rinse on my top package and either sealer or drying agent followed by the final rinse on my lower packages. Either way, I always finish with the final rinse. That being said, I do know operators who apply multiple products, and the last product they put on is the drying agent and sometimes it is just a small amount injected in the final rinse.

Jerry

Reaction score
not only do you not need a drying agent with Hot Wax & Shine, I do not apply it when a customer purchases a package with Hot Wax or buys Hot Wax as an add on/upgrade. No need to waste chemical if you don't have to use it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My order
Rain X
Sealant
drying agent
Setting arch.

I do not delete drying agent when I apply rain X or sealer.