What's new

Recommendations for currency sorter and change sorter

APW

Reaction score
It's a good problem to have but it takes a lot of our time sorting cash and quarters. What currency sorter do you recommend?

Also what coin sorter would you recommend? We recycle our quarters for our changers and PayStations but still have to sort through to pick out dollar coins and the occasional dime or penny. Any recommendation for a sorter to do that job? Thanks!

soapy

Reaction score
Scan COin 303 for coins and sorting. I use Cummins dual pocket for the bills. Most banks use the Cummins also. Not cheap but a great time saver.

chaz

Reaction score
Cummins are the best. I use the dual pocket for bills. Bought both on eBay a while back. Before I purchased I got the serial number and called my local Cummins office...they gave me the full scoop on the machine.

APW

Reaction score
So will the Scan Coin 303 reject nickels, dimes, pennies, and dollar coins from the quarters? Not worried about counting them just sorting them.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Set the ScanCoin to $1 coins
All coins with smaller diameter will be "off sorted"
Repeat for quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies, slugs, tokens.

I cut the toes off a thin pair of socks to create sleeves. These are retained by the 303's bag retainer rings on the discharge chutes.
Place a plastic pitcher under each sleeve to capture the collected and off-sorted coins.

MEP001

Reaction score
Klopp has a manual hand-crank sorter that's not cheap but it's really fast and can sort wet coins.

[video=youtube;vmhZWJSWQOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmhZWJSWQOE[/video]

Reaction score
Quite a few Scan Coin SC22 sorters on ebay for sub $150. I have no personal experience with these though. I use manual coin counters and a Cummins dual pocket for bills.

wash12

Reaction score
Will the Scan Coin 303 sort out high security tokens from quarters and if so how accurate is it? Also how does it know your token do you have to program this into the machine as all tokens are different sizes?