What's new

Recommendations for a coin counting scale

bert79

Reaction score
I know there are plenty of you on the forum that have experience with coin counting scales. I’m getting sick of the hand counting. And since most of our quarters are recycled there is no need to wrap that many. Wondering what makes and models have worked well for you?

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of you on the forum that have experience with coin counting scales. I’m getting sick of the hand counting. And since most of our quarters are recycled there is no need to wrap that many. Wondering what makes and models have worked well for you?
I just use a cheap shipping scale that I got on E Bay for about $25.00. I've done it this way for a few years. Most of my change is recycled, but I took $907.00 in quarters to the bank a while back. Their counter said it was $905.75. That's close enough for me.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Don't know how much you weigh at a time but I bought a postal scale at Harbor freight to weigh out quarters in $100 increments for my cashiers. I use this set for grams.
https://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html
They also have one that goes to 70lbs but it measures in Kilograms, not grams.
Don't really care if it is off by a single quarter in $100. For ones I recycle to the changer I don't count them. No Need.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
I have the older version of this, the 688:
It's exactly four quarters short at $1000, every time. I could recalibrate to dead-on accuracy but it's a huge pain.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I got a klopp refurbished counter willing to sell. I went back to digital scales PM me if you want to buy them live in NC can ship. Thomas

bert79

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. I will let you know what we decide on and how it works for us.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Just do a $1 per minute on Everything ... It's so Simple.. I did it and Business went UP! Easy for Customer to Comprehend.. When any Customer asks you how much does it cost, just say a $1 per minute.. rather than get out your calculator.. Just my 2 cents.. LOL..
P.S. I know you will say "This will not work for me" which I can't comprehend" ..

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Just do a $1 per minute on Everything ... It's so Simple.. I did it and Business went UP! Easy for Customer to Comprehend.. When any Customer asks you how much does it cost, just say a $1 per minute.. rather than get out your calculator.. Just my 2 cents.. LOL..
P.S. I know you will say "This will not work for me" which I can't comprehend" ..

Please tell us what your competition is priced at. We are higher than our competition average at 55 cents per minute. Also what does the price have to do with counting coins?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
We don't take any Coins.. we haven't taken any Coins in the last 3 Years.. if you are taking Coins you are not in Touch with the Industry.. We are Bills and CCard only.. Coins are a Pain in the ASS!!!!!!!!!! .. My competition has not switched to the higher Technology and they are suffering..

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We don't take any Coins.. we haven't taken any Coins in the last 3 Years.. if you are taking Coins you are not in Touch with the Industry.. We are Bills and CCard only.. Coins are a Pain in the ASS!!!!!!!!!! .. My competition has not switched to the higher Technology and they are suffering..
No offense but that honestly has not been our experience with higher denomination coins.... we do not take nickels, dimes or pennies. Coins are waterproof ... many advantages to coins!!! The key is to find ways to make higher denomination coins publicly available much more than they are as in dollar coin & above. Wishful thinking by just one old fuddy duddy??? ... it does not have to be!!!

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
That would mean 95% of the operators are out of touch since they take coins as well as other forms of Payment, Tokens, bills and CC etc.
Your are Correct.. Not 95% are out of touch on 80%.. LOL most SS Operators don't get it.. Period.. Why take Coins in today/s World? Ar
Please tell us what your competition is priced at. We are higher than our competition average at 55 cents per minute. Also what does the price have to do with counting coins?
My competition is trash.. Old equipment.. Trashy place like 90% of all Self Servers are.. Just be the Best.. get every SS update piece of Equipment you can buy, keep your signs of to date, landscaping with Attendant on Duty sign, and if you are the BEST.. you will WIN over the Cheap competition next to You.. I did IT.. LOL.. Easy.. So Simple. but most operators are to cheap to take the CHANCE..

Randy

Reaction score
My competition is trash.. Old equipment.. Trashy place like 90% of all Self Servers are.. Just be the Best.. get every SS update piece of Equipment you can buy, keep your signs of to date, landscaping with Attendant on Duty sign, and if you are the BEST.. you will WIN over the Cheap competition next to You.. I did IT.. LOL.. Easy.. So Simple. but most operators are to cheap to take the CHANCE..
And where might this wonder wash be located. I'd like to stop by and see how it's done

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
And where might this wonder wash be located. I'd like to stop by and see how it's done
I found this in one of his previous posts.

"We are in Western Oregon.. our prices are $5 -5 minutes bays CC count up or cash.. Vacs $3 - 4 minutes Cash or CC count up.. Got rid of a lot of flakes.. People love it.. No Coins either.. Simple
DG.."