What's new

Rainbow foam gun

Bricks

Reaction score
Does anyone use these ? There’s a place for it on the selector switches so I’d like to find hydrominder brackets and everything else it needs to get up and running. I found the guns in the attic, and the booms are still in the bays. D3C31C0D-A597-4498-A3EC-BFC237B895CE.jpeg

MEP001

Reaction score
You're missing one Hydrominder and one is a Dema. You might as well order three 506 Hydrominders and replace them all, as well as the missing solenoid under the one tank. If the controller for the colors is bad, you can get one from Kleen-Rite. I'm sure there's a reason it was taken out of service.

Bricks

Reaction score
You're missing one Hydrominder and one is a Dema. You might as well order three 506 Hydrominders and replace them all, as well as the missing solenoid under the one tank. If the controller for the colors is bad, you can get one from Kleen-Rite. I'm sure there's a reason it was taken out of service.
Thank you! The previous owner mentioned that people made a mess. I think I’ll make the trip to CWS today and get everything needed. I’ve never seen these in action.

MEP001

Reaction score
The previous owner mentioned that people made a mess.
What does that mean, the customers made a mess with the foam? You might want to use a clearcoat conditioner which shouldn't stain. I use Simoniz UVP which doesn't stain at all but has UV protection.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I use triple foAM in my SS bays. Customers like it. Currently I have a 'red white and blue' theme for colors.

Bricks

Reaction score
What does that mean, the customers made a mess with the foam?
I can only guess that the foam was messy.
It’s not working yet, but I’m getting it together. I don’t completely understand flojets. Does one line pump a diaphragm with air and does air also assist the liquid? What’s the proper sequence to get them working? 8F6B72ED-3935-468B-84A3-902BB9ADFAA0.jpeg

MEP001

Reaction score
Air goes into the smaller brass barb to make the pump run. It looks like it goes through a solenoid. It may not be opening, it looks like the liquid isn't getting to the pump. The far right bank only gets liquid from the pump. If you see air coming from the pump through the tube, it's letting air through a bad diaphragm and it's bad. That might be the real reason he shut it off, maybe he couldn't get it to work.

There should be another controller to open each solenoid under the tank one at a time to give you the three colors.

You might need to switch the red and the blue. The stuff I use the blue is so strong it overwhelms the other colors, but it works fine with the blue at the long end of the hose to the pump.

Bricks

Reaction score
You might need to switch the red and the blue. The stuff I use the blue is so strong it overwhelms the other colors
Thanks for this ! My hands are blue. And I have a feeling they will be for a week.

MEP001

Reaction score
I was working on a trifoam system, the suction tube was stiff and I had propped it in the corner. It fell and landed on my crotch, dumping the stuff on me. I had blue balls for a week.

Bricks

Reaction score
I was working on a trifoam system, the suction tube was stiff and I had propped it in the corner. It fell and landed on my crotch, dumping the stuff on me. I had blue balls for a week.
That is Hilarious !!

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
There is a town in Pennsylvania called Blue Ball. It's only about 8 miles rom a town called Intercourse. Insert your own joke here...

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
There is a town in Pennsylvania called Blue Ball. It's only about 8 miles rom a town called Intercourse. Insert your own joke here...
Little known info: Lots of single folks in Intercourse but as soon as they're married they are required by law to move to Blue Ball.

I can only guess that the foam was messy.
It’s not working yet, but I’m getting it together. I don’t completely understand flojets. Does one line pump a diaphragm with air and does air also assist the liquid? What’s the proper sequence to get them working?
It's not the cleanest layout I've seen. I'm not a fan of the flojet being that high above the outlet of the tanks. The compression fittings are leaking like those style are prone to do. I don't see a way to separately adjust the liquid pressure. The MX8 controller is a solid piece but I'm not sure about the other black box in the controls. I'm pretty sure that is what is supposed to control the three solenoids but for the life of me can't remember who manufactured it.