What's new

Quality Steam Cleaner

spalomar

Reaction score
Hi
I run 4 Full Service Car Washes with Detail Centers and saw what seemed like a couple good steam cleaners at the Las Vegas show but at such a heavy investment does anyone have any advice for me on which is the best to buy?Any advice on what I should be looking for? What are other Detailers using? Thanks so much Stacey:)

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Are you looking for a steamer for interior or exterior use. I have several of the steamers from steam-cleaners-direct and have had good luck with them, but they are only good for the inside. Also, I have a vaporlux that has been good but a little more costly. If you're looking at one for exteriors then you should be prepared to spend a fair amount of money for a good one.

buda

Reaction score
If you are a one or two man operation a steamer is ok. But in a multi-bay, multi-employee shop vapor steamers become a problem. Unless you have two or three steamers you have employees standing around "waiting for the steamer."

I do not think the investment in multiple steamers is worth it. They might be easier for the detailer but not so efficient for the owner.

I sell very good vapor steamers, but tell any customers who call to buy my concerns.

If you can afford to have one they are a necessary tool for a pro detail business to have.

With a SCRUBBIE pad, chemical and microfiber towel I can clean dash, door panels, vinyl/leather seats as fast or faster than with a steamer and I can afford to give every employee those tools.

Inexpensive steamers are great for cleaning inside map pockets, glove boxes, center consoles, door hinges. And absolutely a must to remove stains in carpets and fabric upholstery.

We offer a vapor steamer equal to Vaporlux.

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda

Reaction score
Well I use Karcher SC5.800 C, because I think its the best steam cleaner for professional use. There are many others but they are just for home use.. and you have to wash them on your car wash center. But its little expensive, because of its good quality and heavy duty performance. Good luck dear.
You talking about a heated soil extractor or a vapor steamer? It sounds like a soil extractor which is completely different piece of equipment.

Regards
Bud Abraham