What's new

Pushlok check valves

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi. I ordered these:

I want them for my gravity wax and soap lines; 1/8" poly lines. The idea was to prevent weep from backfeeding into soap and wax tanks. But they do not work. If I pressurize the valves with air they will flow, but not with gravity. Is there anything that will work to 'check' a gravity flow of wax/soap?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I think you're looking for a swing valve, it's normally open without requiring pressure, but pressure in the reverse direction closes it. I'm not aware of any push loc swing check valves, I've only seen brass.
I think the solenoid should be preventing back flow from your weep, doublecheck your solenoids.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hi. I ordered these:

I want them for my gravity wax and soap lines; 1/8" poly lines. The idea was to prevent weep from backfeeding into soap and wax tanks. But they do not work. If I pressurize the valves with air they will flow, but not with gravity. Is there anything that will work to 'check' a gravity flow of wax/soap?
If there's an individual solenoid for each soap and wax, just swap the lines so the "IN" goes to the pump. The spring pressure should be enough to keep it from flowing with the solenoid closed. D/H equipment has been that way since the mid-70's.

soapy

Reaction score
I have used many of the john guest 3/8 OD push lock check valves with great success. I do not have many 1/4 od lines but think the John Guest 1/4 inch valves would work fine.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Waxman that checks cracking pressure was probably too high. The JG check comes in either 5 lb or 1/3 lb cracking pressure. I would give the 1/3 lb a try and I would guess you'll be good to go.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you can blow through it, it's 1 PSI or less.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
John Guest #1/4SCV Specifications

• Mfr #: 1/4SCV
Cracking Pressure - Check Valves: 0.300 psiPipe or Tube Size - Check Valves: 1/4 in
Item - Check Valves: Check ValveMounting Orientation - Check Valves: Horizontal, Vertical
Standards: NSF-61 For Drinking Water, NSF-51 For Food And FDA For Food And BeverageFull Flow - Valves: Yes
Application - Valves: General PurposeMechanism and Body Design: Inline Spring
Connection Type - Check Valves: Push x PushSpring Material - Check Valves: Stainless Steel
Item: Spring Check ValveFlow Design: Single
Max. Temp. - Valves: 150 Degrees FSize: 1/4"
Body Material: Acetal Resin CopolymerMax. Pressure: 150 psi
Sub-Category: Acetal Resin CopolymerCracking Pressure: 0.3 psi
Seat Material - Check Valves: EPDMMax. Steam Pressure - Valves: Not Rated
The material of Construction: Acetal Resin CopolymerConnection Type: Push
Body Material - Valves: Acetal Resin CopolymerMin. Temp. - Valves: 33 Degrees F
Max. Temp.: 167 Degrees FMax. Water Pressure - Valves: 150 psi
Max. Water Pressure: 150 psiSeal Material - Check Valves: EPDM
Country of Origin (subject to change): United Kingdom

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The .3 cracking psi should be close enough if you are targeting 1/3of a psi. If not ... I wonder how many other brands of "tube push to connects" are available via an internet search?

Waxman, I am not sure what the cracking pressure specs on other brands besides JG but it might be worth looking into if they include specs with their information. Be sure & share if you take the time & effort ... like Steve did for JG.

On a side note ... just to share our "tube push to connects" in general" experiences ... we have had fewer "tube push to connects" problems with the plastic JG fitting ends than we seemed to have had when we used the more brass Parker. Others' experiences may differ though.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
If there's an individual solenoid for each soap and wax, just swap the lines so the "IN" goes to the pump. The spring pressure should be enough to keep it from flowing with the solenoid closed. D/H equipment has been that way since the mid-70's.
The .3 cracking psi should be close enough if you are targeting 1/3of a psi. If not ... I wonder how many other brands of "tube push to connects" are available via an internet search?

Waxman, I am not sure what the cracking pressure specs on other brands besides JG but it might be worth looking into if they include specs with their information. Be sure & share if you take the time & effort ... like Steve did for JG.

On a side note ... just to share our "tube push to connects" in general" experiences ... we have had fewer "tube push to connects" problems with the plastic JG fitting ends than we seemed to have had when we used the more brass Parker. Others' experiences may differ though.
Hi. I ordered these:

What is the cracking pressure of the ones from Amazon? I need low cracking pressure..
Thank You..