What's new

Problems with wash world hoses

Etowah

wash4me

Reaction score
Washworld high velocity. is this hose supposed to be level? Also there’s a swivel on each end it’s the type of swivel that you can spin even after you tighten the fittings. These hoses were Washworld hoses. I have a problem with them rolling over and kinking- some last a month or two and some only a week or two. I have replaced both swivels. Any ideas? 396BEE97-AA52-4BB0-B128-7C42B010EA5F.jpeg 6421DB9A-AD72-4C68-B26B-FF0EE6B3A838.jpeg D65CC494-40CC-4FAF-949F-9664611806EF.jpeg

wash4me

Reaction score
Seems to me like the hose should have the other type of swivel where when you tighten the fitting it no longer swivels.

DavidM

Reaction score
It has been a few years since we removed our Laserwash 4000 that had an overhead boom like that. I don't think the swivels would cause that problem but I may be wrong. I know the length of that hose is important and the condition of the high pressure swivels there the booms connect can cause issues.

David

ICEMAN

Reaction score
If i remember correctly, those hoses had a live swivel on one end and a non swivel end on the other. Your problem may be with the one inch swivel where the hose goes into the trolley. If that one inch straight swivel has play in it, it is bad. Also check the 90 degree swivel on top of your boom, maybe the problem is there. Something is not letting the boom travel freely. This is how it was on my Laser 4000

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Seems to me like the hose should have the other type of swivel where when you tighten the fitting it no longer swivels.
Unless Washworld does things differently, all of our PDQ 4000's and M5's have NO live swivels on that hose and they last for years.

wash4me

Reaction score
Sounds like I need to try to call Washworld and figure out if their vendor for hoses may have switched the swivel type without them knowing. Thanks

wash4me

Reaction score
Gobuckeyes do you know the part number for the laser wash hose? I know the Washworld is 41 1/2 inches long and it has 1 inch female fittings on the hose.

ICEMAN

Reaction score
I would call Washworld and let them explain why the hose is kinking. Has to be a binding issue while bridge is moving. not normal. Even if that hose had no swivels it still should not kink

Ngravemamm

Reaction score
Washworld high velocity. is this hose supposed to be level? Also there’s a swivel on each end it’s the type of swivel that you can spin even after you tighten the fittings. These hoses were Washworld hoses. I have a problem with them rolling over and kinking- some last a month or two and some only a week or two. I have replaced both swivels. Any ideas? View attachment 4283 View attachment 4284 View attachment 4285
You need to install an L bracket on both sides of the upper bar were the hose is attached . There is only one bolt on each side and it will r

Ngravemamm

Reaction score
Hello so the bar that swivel that goes 360° in the bay that goes from one side of the car wash to the other words attached to the bracket that runs parallel with the Gantry it's only attacked by one bolt so that bar will actually rotate and lower the hose so what I did was on mine I put two L brackets one on opposite side to keep the bar from rotating I'll I'll take a picture of it later and send it

STXCW

Reaction score
Going off of L4000 experience. 2 things caused that, the hose was too long or you washed a very small car and the trolley came across to tight not allowing the boom to swing across and the 2 pipes crossed each other causing the kink. If I remember correctly, the bridge had to get atleast 4 or 5 feet past the center line to avoid this. Run your bridge manually and stop it in the center and then try to move your trolley to the opposite side and you will see what I am describing. But I am willing to bet it happens after you wash a small car

wash4me

Reaction score
Going off of L4000 experience. 2 things caused that, the hose was too long or you washed a very small car and the trolley came across to tight not allowing the boom to swing across and the 2 pipes crossed each other causing the kink. If I remember correctly, the bridge had to get atleast 4 or 5 feet past the center line to avoid this. Run your bridge manually and stop it in the center and then try to move your trolley to the opposite side and you will see what I am describing. But I am willing to bet it happens after you wash a small car
Well this problem is back and it does seem to be more likely on small cars. What would be the solution?

pgrzes

Reaction score
Are you by chance doing a double pass on the back of small cars? If so you need to shorten the hose, when the trolley goes back and forth the end of the hose binds against the overhead support bridge, sometimes pushing hose-boom into wall. We get our hoses made locally to the length we want. We've never had issues with the male swivels on both sides, but if yours keeps flopping just get a swivel on one side. Also, is your boom indexed properly? Manually run your machine around in minimum and maximum passes and watch for binding and or rub points.

wash4me

Reaction score
Are you by chance doing a double pass on the back of small cars? If so you need to shorten the hose, when the trolley goes back and forth the end of the hose binds against the overhead support bridge, sometimes pushing hose-boom into wall. We get our hoses made locally to the length we want. We've never had issues with the male swivels on both sides, but if yours keeps flopping just get a swivel on one side. Also, is your boom indexed properly? Manually run your machine around in minimum and maximum passes and watch for binding and or rub points.
Wow, thank you for that information. Yes we are doing a double pass on the back of all vehicles . You said is my boom indexed properly? I’ve never heard this term. Is there a procedure for this? Do you recall the length of hose you were using or how much shorter it was than the one specified by Washworld?