What's new

Problems with belanger

kenilworth carwash

Reaction score
Anyone else have or had this problem I put in a whole new belanger system last year, my top brush tbar broke at the factory weld, called my rep who took pictures sent them to belanger they claim theyve never had that happen before and wont do anything to help with it. And to top it off my rep wont weld aluminum to even fix it. I don't know what to do. Help please

Last edited by a moderator:

washnshine

Reaction score
You said you put in a new system last year - what does the Belanger warranty state? I’m sure they have a warranty on their equipment.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You may have to call locl welders to see who welds aluminum. As far as " they claim theyve never had that happen before " well it happened now and absent evidence of abuse that is what warranties are for. Imagine if this was the response to any warranty claim.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
How do we know they are denying warranty? The OP said they put it in last year, 2018? If that's the case, it's most likely over a year old.

kenilworth carwash

Reaction score
Yes it’s a new system 1.5 yes old and Belanger warranty is for only 1 year which is rediculous but anyway got a local welder to fix it but on my dime of course. Just frustrating really just wondering though if anybody else has experienced anything like this with their equipment before. Been in the business 23 yrs with Hanna equipment prior and never experienced a weld failure before.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How do we know they are denying warranty? The OP said they put it in last year, 2018? If that's the case, it's most likely over a year old.
Correct I did not know. I would hope that a structural element would have a longer warranty. Contrast this with Sonny's . I posted on this forum or FB that there was a crack in the motor mount area on a mitter and asked if anyone had similar issues. In an hour my phone rang and it was Sonny's. They asked for photos which I sent. Then they called back and said it was over 10 years old but would mfgr and send a mounting / mending plate for each of my mitters and I only had to pay shipping.

MC3033

Reaction score
Sonnys has a lifetime warranty on aluminum welds which is awesome.

was the broken weld possibly caused by bad bumpers or shock absorbers? If not it sure is a shame they didn’t help out with this

washnshine

Reaction score
Sonnys has a lifetime warranty on aluminum welds which is awesome.

was the broken weld possibly caused by bad bumpers or shock absorbers? If not it sure is a shame they didn’t help out with this
I agree. Even if Belanger couldn’t do something directly, they should have gone through his distributor to set a repair up with someone who could make an aluminum weld. It’s just the right thing to do especially since it is a factory weld and if it truly has not happened before, all the more reason. Obviously a quality control problem that they should make good on.

MEP001

Reaction score
Obviously a quality control problem that they should make good on.
Why is is obviously that? I've seen a number of Belanger Vector units installed wrong that wore themselves out early. The distributor was technically at fault, but they just lied to the owner and said whatever they had to to keep the blame off themselves. One loudmouth tech said it was an engineering flaw that caused the rollers and gearboxes to fail every 10,000 washes even though you could see the machine twisting on the rails when it changed directions. Those rollers normally last 50,000-100,000 washes, so obviously not a quality control or engineering issue.

wyatt

Reaction score
I have a couple belanger vectors. This last year had the top spray bar weld break, caused the red housing to come crashing down and dinged the car sitting underneath.

washnshine

Reaction score
Why is is obviously that? I've seen a number of Belanger Vector units installed wrong that wore themselves out early. The distributor was technically at fault, but they just lied to the owner and said whatever they had to to keep the blame off themselves. One loudmouth tech said it was an engineering flaw that caused the rollers and gearboxes to fail every 10,000 washes even though you could see the machine twisting on the rails when it changed directions. Those rollers normally last 50,000-100,000 washes, so obviously not a quality control or engineering issue.
Well, there was some assumption on my part - but I did say “if it truly did not happen before”, as Belanger told the original poster. I guess this could be the very first time a Belanger top brush was installed incorrectly and it got back to them. But then I would think Belanger would be quick to blame it on a faulty install if they had it reported to them before. I guess we’ll find out if the weld breaks again.

Rep also took pics to show his work and they were sent to Belanger. Another opportunity for them to blame him if they thought it was his install.

The Vector situation MRP001 mentioned does sound like faulty installation, but also seems like a different circumstance than this posters issue, given what we’ve been told.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I could see how a drive thru or 10 wacking that brush or even some yahoo backing up into it could be the cause of a weld to break . From the description I can't tell if this weld is in such a position.

Nick0145

Reaction score
It seems Belanger quality has took a nose dive over the last 5 years. We put in a new spinlite system and it has been nothing but headaches. Welds break wraparounds seized up and keep bending so it makes them unlevel. I wouldn’t recommend anything they have been putting out. $500k two years later we got sick of the problems and are putting in MacNeil and maybe some motor city

washnshine

Reaction score
It seems Belanger quality has took a nose dive over the last 5 years. We put in a new spinlite system and it has been nothing but headaches. Welds break wraparounds seized up and keep bending so it makes them unlevel. I wouldn’t recommend anything they have been putting out. $500k two years later we got sick of the problems and are putting in MacNeil and maybe some motor city
That’s rough. Can’t you salvage any of it? Blowers or Mitters even? Trashing 500k of equipment after two years would be a tough pill to swallow.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Me too moving away from belanger. I had three welds break. That's 3 arms clubbing cars in a touchless wash . Belanger doesn't care .

cooll903

Reaction score
Me too moving away from belanger. I had three welds break. That's 3 arms clubbing cars in a touchless wash . Belanger doesn't care .
it is not Belanger that doesnt care it is the parent company that bought them that doesnt. Belanger caring is what put them in a position that they had to sell.