What's new

Pro Navigator - Major Issue

washregal

Reaction score
Hello - I have battled with a pro navigator for the past 10 years.. it has been a very rough ride. 95% of my car washing issues are due to this thing. Right now I am having a major issue with turn ins on the front drivers side of cars - the unit does bounce back - however needs to be manually reset all the time.. what a hassle.. I might wash 1 or two cars and then the issue happens again. This issue always occurs on spot free rince - at the last cycle of the wash.

I have changed all photo eyes as well as EOT2 prox switch.. I am using the IFM effector Orange / Black prox switches - These can not be adjusted very well - they are what they are.. Any help with this issue is GREATLY appreciated!! The machine has killed my business over the years!!! I am tempted to rip the entire unit our and make it a wash bay!!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like a bad cable / cable end / connection or relay. is there an input / output card you can observe when the error occurs? if so, you need to see if there is an input occurring when it shouldn't or not occurring when it should.

every time i have had a similar problem, it's been a prox or cable or relay.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's impacting the vehicle on the spot-free cycle? I've had that issue with a Vector, it was because the gearbox was worn and the machine would drift. Part of the problem is that it only counts the prox pulses on the first pass while it sizes the car, then if things got out of place it would hit the vehicle. Same with a low tire, normally the gantry won't move with the machine in standby but if one or both of the drive tires were low it would drift just from the high pressure spray.

Officer

Reaction score
I have a Pro Navigator and experienced a similar issue. I called Toby at Pro Wash and had to get the recommended speeds for the wash arm trolley. The speed determines where the wash arms stops and if too slow, the wash arm will stop and obstruct the front photo eye. Each cycle can have different speeds. For example, bug pass is simply a slower speed and you can define speeds for presoak, etc. Run the wash and watch wear the wash arm stops right before it malfunctions.

Secondly, the wash arm has a tendency to lose its normal swing and movement, and can seize up. Mine was sticking and causing the wash arm to trip the sensor. I sprayed some lubricant on it, moved it and the problem was solved.

I think your issue is drive speeds. I can look to see what I set mine at to solve the problem later today and respond. In the meantime, go into drives and raise the speed gradually and see where the wash arm parks. It sounds like your adjustment would need to be in the last cycle BEFORE spotfree rinse... which I think is HP Rinse.

Hope this helps,
Brandon