What's new

Preauthorization bigest complaint on crypto reader

cmawash

Reaction score
biggest question we get for credit card use, is the pre authorization charge, is there a small sign about 2 to 3 inches square that explain"s pre authorization charge and when its refunded. looking for a quality decal that can be posted on machines

OurTown

Reaction score
biggest question we get for credit card use, is the pre authorization charge, is there a small sign about 2 to 3 inches square that explain"s pre authorization charge and when its refunded. looking for a quality decal that can be posted on machines
I have never seen those but you could just get them made at your local sign shop. The shop we use makes laminated decals that size for about $5 each.

bert79

Reaction score
The attached pdf file is what I gave to the sign company to have them make 4”x3” vinyl stickers to attach to our meter boxes. They turned out really nice. I might get one complaint every other month.

Attachments

jsoriano

Reaction score
The attached pdf file is what I gave to the sign company to have them make 4”x3” vinyl stickers to attach to our meter boxes. They turned out really nice. I might get one complaint every other month.
Hi, whos giving those stickers? Cryptopay?

Etowah

SparklesSS

Reaction score
Does everyone preauthorize above the minimum start? We preauthorize $19.95 and even with signage get phone calls. Considering bringing the preauth to the $3 start price. Anyone have problems with this?

bert79

Reaction score
Agree 100%....no body reads nothing but at least we are cover when complaints starts. Where can i get those stickers?
So I designed the stickers in Microsoft Word. I did not come up with the wordage but based it on other owners who were very helpful to me as we started. I simply made the design in Word and sent the pdf file to the sign company. They printed it on a vinyl sticker. Works pretty well. I am not aware of a place to buy them already made. You’ll notice it is slightly customized with our pre-auth amount, car wash name and phone number.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Does everyone preauthorize above the minimum start? We preauthorize $19.95 and even with signage get phone calls. Considering bringing the preauth to the $3 start price. Anyone have problems with this?
No, I changed the pre auth to $1.00, and the calls stopped.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
No, I changed the pre auth to $1.00, and the calls stopped.
I get a fair number of rejected debit cards, cant tell you how many times I've heard "oh yeah, I only have a couple dollars on that card." Aren't you giving free washes to those customers since they would pass the preauth?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I snapped a pic of this sticker on a gas pump a couple months ago, I thought a variation of this wording might work:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Greg,

Higher risk for some localities???
I get a fair number of rejected debit cards, cant tell you how many times I've heard "oh yeah, I only have a couple dollars on that card." Aren't you giving free washes to those customers since they would pass the preauth?

Yes, some risk there. I'm in a good neighborhood but I'm sure some slip though the cracks. I've thought about raising the pre auth to my startup of 3.00. Someone could be abusing the system. My understanding I wouldn't even know about it if it rejected the final amount, but I was tired of daily calls.

Bandit

Reaction score
I have never seen those but you could just get them made at your local sign shop. The shop we use makes laminated decals that size for about $5 each.
What did u write on the sticker I need a few

Last edited by a moderator:

sparkey

Reaction score
If you are looking for someone to print the sign go to website buildasign.com. You can design your own sign and they will ship it to you in a few days. Very reasonable.

OurTown

Reaction score
What did u write on the sticker I need a few

We have not had those made yet. Our new meter door decal design includes them. It reads "Credit cards may show a temporary hold amount greater than the total. This will adjust to the correct amount in 1-2 days."

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
If you are looking for someone to print the sign go to website buildasign.com. You can design your own sign and they will ship it to you in a few days. Very reasonable.
Ditto on what Sparkey said. That was a good thing when Mep posted about buildasign.com. Since we prefer to do our own sign template or design... it has been a great fit for us. It helps keep our costs down since they run so many discounts etc. Especially for larger than letter size outdoor signs. We have found for small signs & decals .... jhlaminating.com laminate pouches along with laser printed polyester paper letter size also have made good sense for us.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
We have a pre-auth of $14.75. I state on my google voice , or "answering machine" explaining the $14.75 charge and how it'll will revert to the actual use in 24-48 hours. Doing that eliminated about 99% of the calls about it

OurTown

Reaction score
We have a pre-auth of $14.75. I state on my google voice , or "answering machine" explaining the $14.75 charge and how it'll will revert to the actual use in 24-48 hours. Doing that eliminated about 99% of the calls about it

Curious why that amount?