What's new

post-corona advertising ideas?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
For my small market self serve:
I'm beginning to design my sidwalk signs & ads for when we're allowed to re-open, looking for post-virus specific ideas. I'm assuming things will not just bounce back to business as usual, and want to make sure people get back into the habit of washing their cars.

A few basic concepts so far, not fleshed out yet:

Disinfect your car with our pre-soak
$1 days all month - welcome back
Vacuum and disinfect your car's interior (I need to stock up on vending disinfectant items, they sold out quickly)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought 5 new 'swooper' flags for my lot last week and I'll be pouring concrete bases for the ground spikes this weekend.

I'm thinking I will buy one of these:1585245822858.png It'll be about $1000 including shipping. I've wanted one for awhile, and I'm imagining all the possibilities for messages on each side.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm thinking I will buy one of these:View attachment 1377 It'll be about $1000 including shipping. I've wanted one for awhile, and I'm imagining all the possibilities for messages on each side.
Those are banned in a lot of cities. IMO they also look tacky.

Eric H

Reaction score
I was thinking about a grand reopening with free washes or $1 washes all day or all week. I am the only carwash in town that has closed...

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I have to let off a little steam.
I don’t understand us as car wash owners.
As self serv washes we’re still talking about $1+ washes, either starting times or promo’s
Forget about the capital expenditures of building a car wash.
Any of you have a a dog? What does it coat to have your dog washed at a groomer? I pay $50-70 bucks.
A guys haircut is anywhere between $15-25+. They both use a pair of scissors, combs and hair dryer.
Know matter what type of wash you have I bet your total cost is 1,000’s times more expensive to even get to the point of washing a car.
We all CLEAN cars and overall do a a damn good job of it.

Off this subject but has any of you thought about promoting Ozone machines too disinfect the interior and vents of cars??

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I have to let off a little steam.
I don’t understand us as car wash owners.
As self serv washes we’re still talking about $1+ washes, either starting times or promo’s
In general I agree 100%, thanks for bringing it up.
I think these circumstances are unique though:
- I'm in a small mostly blue collar market
- The county I'm in is notorious for being tight
- I think the secondary effects of this "pandemic" will include significant economic changes, including less discretionary spending. (Its the tertiary effects that terrify me, but thats a whole nother discussion)
- I think an awful lot of people are psychologically off their center. A good discount for a short while may help. Sort of like grace for vets helps the community (for lack of a better example).

I havent made up my mind yet, still trying to figure it out.