What's new

Poodle Brush life

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I noticed recently that my poodle brush at one of my locations is getting worn. Funny, the passenger side is wearing faster than the driver's side.

There is about 90,000 cars on the brushes now. Is that about typical for wear?

Anybody change out to the Bison brush instead of the poodle? The Bison brush seems and feels much more aggressive than the poodle. We don't retract the poodle brush for any cars. Would think the Bison brush would require retract on some cars like corvettes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I noticed recently that my poodle brush at one of my locations is getting worn. Funny, the passenger side is wearing faster than the driver's side.

There is about 90,000 cars on the brushes now. Is that about typical for wear?

Anybody change out to the Bison brush instead of the poodle? The Bison brush seems and feels much more aggressive than the poodle. We don't retract the poodle brush for any cars. Would think the Bison brush would require retract on some cars like corvettes.
I can only guess that due to the fact that the passenger side travels further than the driver side there is more pressure on some wider cars. To whatever extent you can, see if the presure can be reduced.

I have tried the poodle brush and feel it, and other configurations are pretty worthless since I have 3 filament brushes hiit the wheel before the poodle it does littlle if anything extra.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Earl, I would think that the poodle brush would help you clean wheels simply due to the fact the the poodle brush rotates in a different direction than the filament brushes you have.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I have a set with ~180k cars on them. They look great, with not alot of wear. If you are using the right chemistry, you don't need alot of side pressure to get clean whitewalls and wheel covers.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, I would think that the poodle brush would help you clean wheels simply due to the fact the the poodle brush rotates in a different direction than the filament brushes you have.
Not really. First of all, the wraps rotate in a direction opposite to the lower details and the "Slant Brush" Side Brushes are actualy positioned at 45 degrees to the floor. Those units have filament that is 24" long.

Further, unlike the rest of the car, the wheels rotate so that the contact is on an ever changing axis anyway.