What's new

polymax panels for baysne

Etowah

Eric H

Reaction score
has anyone installed polymax or similar panels in their SS bays? I have FRP that I want to replace at 1 wash and Extrutec at another. The Extrutec looks great except where the customer has put holes into the panels. I am considering installing Polymax on the bottom 4' of the wall and Extrutec the rest of the way to the ceiling.
my question is: is the polymax UV stable? I don't want it the turn yellow like the FRP does! Are there staining issues from soaps or grease and oils?
IMO, the Extrutec is the ideal material for bays walls with the exception of the holes that the customers like to install for me.

soapy

Reaction score
I installed Polymax on 2 automatic bays about 14 years ago. It is holding up very nice with no yellowing or deterioration. I ordered the stainless steel dividers and had them powder coated white before the install. I prefer the polymax over FRP and would do it again.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
has anyone installed polymax or similar panels in their SS bays? I have FRP that I want to replace at 1 wash and Extrutec at another. The Extrutec looks great except where the customer has put holes into the panels. I am considering installing Polymax on the bottom 4' of the wall and Extrutec the rest of the way to the ceiling.
my question is: is the polymax UV stable? I don't want it the turn yellow like the FRP does! Are there staining issues from soaps or grease and oils?
IMO, the Extrutec is the ideal material for bays walls with the exception of the holes that the customers like to install for me.
Eric,

These state they are UV-Stable:https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft_polymax_sheets;pg106835.html

Overachiever

Reaction score
You just missed out on the 20% off black friday sale! I just installed some and it looks nice (in an IBA) but I'd definitely go with soapy's advice of using the stainless steel dividers over the plastic ones for a self service bay. The plastic ones were brittle when installing in 40 degree weather... I bet my customers would have them all cracked and broke in no time in a self service bay.

Also calculate all the panels and trim pieces you need yourself, I tried giving them my bay dimensions to let them do it for me and they kept getting it wayyyy wrong so I had to do it myself, lol.

Eric H

Reaction score
The FRP panels i bought last time are UV stable too, but we all know the color does change over time.
I had to special order the last FRP panels I bought. I ordered a light gray in an effort to eliminate yellowing. The color still changed but in a less obvious way than the white panels.

Overachiever, thanks for the advise on the dividers. Ill look out for another sale, maybe if I call i can get a better price.

bigjws

Reaction score
I've started looking at these also. I've got a lot of research to do, but couple of questions as I start -- how are you attaching to the wall? What are you attaching it over .. brick/block/etc? What thickness have you used?

Overachiever

Reaction score
I've started looking at these also. I've got a lot of research to do, but couple of questions as I start -- how are you attaching to the wall? What are you attaching it over .. brick/block/etc? What thickness have you used?
Mine were installed on brick & block... I used 1/8 for an IBA. I bought these to attach them to the wall. http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...roddtl&isDoc=N&pageId=ItemDetail&rel=nofollow

The plastic H trims were a pain in the ass to deal with. Also the panels weren't the same size and not exactly 4'x'10' so that made the installation a little annoying.

I'm planning to do my SS bays next year with them.

Last edited:

bigjws

Reaction score
So what are the disadvantages of this stuff? It seems solid (so no holes like Extrutek), easy to install, pretty reasonable on pricing..and seems to have held up for those who have used it. I assume it's a little 'duller' in looks than Extrutek -- anything else?