What's new

Poll: We are completely cashless at our car wash

Are you completely cashless at your car wash?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • No, but thinking about it

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

washnshine

Reaction score
It seems to me that there will always be a varying degree of both types of customers - cash and credit, depending on location/demographics etc. Your business might be 95% credit card users and 5% cash, but even at that, those 5% might wash elsewhere if you don’t have the cash option at your wash. I’m just not willing to give up 5% - or even 1% of my customers.

Carwashmafia

Reaction score
All Bays, Vacuums and Dog Wash are cashless and only have credit card readers we sell custom wash cards (for people who only have cash) from our Mega Vendor 3 best set up for self serve I have seen we have had zero vandalism for over 2 years. Best decision we have made the best of both worlds. We are about 80% Credit/Debit and 20% Cash.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
All Bays, Vacuums and Dog Wash are cashless and only have credit card readers we sell custom wash cards (for people who only have cash) from our Mega Vendor 3 best set up for self serve I have seen we have had zero vandalism for over 2 years. Best decision we have made the best of both worlds. We are about 80% Credit/Debit and 20% Cash.
Awesome! :)

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
That set-up would not work here in a small South Texas rural town where many don't even have credit cards or computers. Our business is currently 65% credit cards/35% cash.

Roz

Reaction score
I traveled in the UK for two weeks and never once used cash. EVERYTHING is TAP to PAY, even the donation boxes located inside churches (you can select any amount and tap to pay it - no matter the amount). Not many car washes in the UK, perhaps an untapped market....

Reactions: sjb

sjb

Reaction score
I wonder how long before we will be accepting cryptocurrencies…. If ever…?

go ETH & BTC!

Roz

Reaction score
Not in our lifetime. Crypto is a Ponzi scheme where the shakeout is just beginning. Zelle, or any system regulated and backed by real banks perhaps.

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Sent you a DM

KYwashywash

Reaction score
My wash is about 50/50 and it would piss people off 100 if I changed out everything. Wish every day I could though.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Who would wanna be cashless, in a cash business?
Those who want a cashless car wash do so because they look at being cashless as more convenient, theft and safer.

Do I believe that? In my case, no. I've spent way more time dealing with credit/debit card matters than I have with cash-related matters. I've dealt with far more card outages than I have cash outages of all bill changers being down, and our cash use predates our credit card acceptance by two decades. Then there are those "lovely" credit/debit card fees.

With or without cash, there is going to be theft. Anybody who is determined to be a thief will find a way. I know there are customers who will lie about their credit card having been accepted.

As for safety, I doubt a cashless society will stop that. Smartphones have credit card info on them. I'm sure some robbers would demand cash transfers. Sure, there are dumb criminals who would get caught that way, but they had to do something dumb and harmful to get caught.