What's new

Pole mounting Lorex dome cameras

1carwash1

Reaction score
Getting ready to install some Lorex LNE8974 series dome cameras on a 4 inch pole. Was looking on the Lorex website and cannot find a goose-neck style mount.
The idea is to avoid mounting the camera directly to the pole. looking for some type of mount that lets me mount the camera horizontally six to twelve inches away from the pole (similar to a PTZ mount). I think this would look more professional than directly mounting the camera to the pole.
Any help would be appreciated.

chaz

Reaction score
Likely some type hardware or plumbing item u could find or create. I simply mounted to the pole and moved on. It works great and is a bit obscure...plus no one likely will notice either way.

MEP001

Reaction score
This looks universal and might work on a pole even though it says wall mount:

Not only will it make the camera more obvious to crooks, it will let the PTZ feature have a better view.

1carwash1

Reaction score
I thought about doing that but the camera base is 4.8 inches wide and the square mounting pole width is 4 inches. Any creative ideas?

chaz

Reaction score
The base can hang over a bit. Trust me the camera will work just fine and no one will notice. Either way.....make sure the light is powered down at the breaker in the unlikely event you drill close to the power

1carwash1

Reaction score
Did you buy the optional junction box from lorex and mount that to the pole first? The reason I'm asking is that the wires will be external to the pole and I will use a guy wire to support them to the building.

chaz

Reaction score
I mounted 4 inch square (round could work too) outdoor electrical boxes on the posts and then mounted the cameras to blank covers with a drilled hole. I guess with overhead run make sure you have the wires high enough and use outdoor rated wire. I ran mine to the nearest corner in my building attic then 1/2 conduit on back side of curb and up the pole.