What's new

Picture of soap possibly in rinse water?

Bricks

Reaction score
Hi guys! I’m really new to this. In fact, so new I haven’t closed on my wash yet...should happen this week. I was hoping someone could tell me why all of these gauges?? Look pink like the soap is in the drip 3B4E2CE7-2E78-4946-9E1F-13A6AD52A32F.png ??

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Judging by the title thread, your concern sounds to be that the pink flowmeters indicate soap in the rinse water. If those are drip lines, they are indicators of weep flow rate, not rinse water. It's possible someone replumbed those drip meters to something else, or possible that there is an issue where soap is in the weep system.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah, there's either soap in the drip (weep) system or there has been in the past and the gauges are stained. It's not a big deal either way, the weep check valves would be the problem and they're not expensive or difficult to get to.

Bricks

Reaction score
Yeah, there's either soap in the drip (weep) system or there has been in the past and the gauges are stained. It's not a big deal either way, the weep check valves would be the problem and they're not expensive or difficult to get to.
Thanks! This is all a little intimidating right now. Easy and inexpensive are very comforting words for sure!

Bricks

Reaction score
Also, in the self serve bays, the swivels are leaking. Are there many different types and sizes of these? Or do I look for Futura ones? I want to have plenty of spare parts and I just don’t know where to start. I’d hate to disassemble one and try to find parts to match, and have a bay closed. Thank you for any help at all.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bricks

Reaction score

MEP001

Reaction score
Some booms need a particular swivel to line up, but most can take any boom swivel. I've switched to an Adams inline swivel with a street elbow, and I use the same swivel for the gun and below the swivel saver.

Bricks

Reaction score
I just found this in the equipment room! 36C1D54A-6C85-4D56-B48A-CE6B1D645233.jpeg

Twodose

Reaction score
Get kleen-rite, dultmeier, windtrax catalogs and study them front to back, when I first got in the business I called those catalogs the "Bible". Subscribe the self serve carwash news, auto laundry and read from front to back.

Bricks

Reaction score
Get kleen-rite, dultmeier, windtrax catalogs and study them front to back, when I first got in the business I called those catalogs the "Bible". Subscribe the self serve carwash news, auto laundry and read from front to back.
Thank you! I will do that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen those exact booms, but they will take almost any regular boom swivel or an inline swivel + a street elbow like I do.

Bricks

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen those exact booms, but they will take almost any regular boom swivel or an inline swivel + a street elbow like I do.
Thank you very much,MEP!

xcite

Reaction score
I have those exact same booms they work good. If plastic bushings go bad you can still get new ones.
I would have to look up the company that carries them. I replaced all mine 2 years ago.

Bricks

Reaction score
That is a high pressure swivel for an automatic mainly, had some on my old futura auto before I updated it.
Dare I ask why you updated it and how much it cost? :/

xcite

Reaction score
updated, better, more features, added fans, greater profits from better wash packages. Bought used rebuilt unit myself and did 90% of install and wiring myself.