What's new

Photoeye sensor problem

Sam.E

Reaction score
Hello all, i have a bit of a problem my Photoeye sensors located at the entrance of my automatic wash used to activate the Rocker Panel and undercarriage wash because of the location of my carwash once they get hit by direct sunlight around the noon hour the water splashing along with the sun beam seems to reflect back at the sensor thus disrupting the process and shutting down halfway. I tried everything from shading the sensors to using 1inch tubes to minimize reflection but the only thing that seems to work is having a temporary 10'x12' canopy at the entrance for total shade. Before i go ahead and build a permanent shade is there anyone out there in carwash land that had or heard of this problem can you please help.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If your emitter and receivers are mounted on different height stands, make sure the receiver is the one mounted high and angled down towards the emitter. Many sites have the receiver looking "up", and the sunlight will affect those.

Sam.E

Reaction score
If your emitter and receivers are mounted on different height stands, make sure the receiver is the one mounted high and angled down towards the emitter. Many sites have the receiver looking "up", and the sunlight will affect those.
I never knew that i will definitely give it a try thank you.