What's new

Photo Eye Issue

DPX22

Reaction score
I'm having an issue in my tunnel where my photo eye is not registering to the MCC, which in turn isn't registering the vehicle. This is the main photo eye stand (about 3' high) with a top vehicle eye and bottom wheel eye. On the other side of the tunnel, the photo eye stand (8'' high) is alot shorter, but this photo eye stand is registering both sensors properly.

I have swapped out the photo eyes for new ones and still am having issues with it not registering. Have tried rewiring at the junction box near the bottom of the stand itself but that isn't the issue.

Currently, I have the working shorter stand's vehicle sensor pointed upwards, but the angle is not high enough to reach higher trucks (we use a towel to pass them through manually). Is there anything else I can try?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I ditched photo eyes year ago for floor loop sensor and one floor stand loop. Less headaches. For a wheel eye you could go to a floor tape switch. Just keep a spare on hand .

DPX22

Reaction score
I wish I could do the same, but I have a few extra sensors and would rather use them before transitioning (if we go that route).

It's strange, the LED's light on on the sensor but it is not registering breakage of the sensor, even after switching to new ones...

SparklesSS

Reaction score
I wish I could do the same, but I have a few extra sensors and would rather use them before transitioning (if we go that route).

It's strange, the LED's light on on the sensor but it is not registering breakage of the sensor, even after switching to new ones...
Did you ever find the problem?