What's new

pdq M5 can't communicate to J O

Liberty

Reaction score
When I try to sign in to connect to the Viper board inside the (JO) it will not allow me anymore.
Normally every morning i log in to check on daily counts.M5 works perfectly just cannot make a connection.
IP address is correct changed cable,different computer with correct IP.
Any suggestions?
I have also reset the M5.
Thanks MIke

Liberty

Reaction score
I`m not to good on a computer but when I turn on my computer I click on the icon set up for the Laser.
Then I get page cannot reached IP address 192 168 55 101.
I have also tried a different port inside the JO ?

Timm40

Reaction score
Can you ping 192.168.55.101 using a command prompt? on your computer, go to start, and type in "cmd" without quotes and when that black box opens type this where you see the blinking cursor "ping 192.168.55.101" and hit enter on the keyboard. If it comes back with "replied" in seconds then it's an issue with your pc. If it says time out, then you may be plugged into the wrong comm port on the comm board.

Liberty

Reaction score
I've tried multiple IP addresses I get timed out going to try to reload software so as i do i will report the out come.
Laser works fine looks like we should be washing cars with the snow and salt don't want to take a chance that i take down the wash playing around with the software.
Thanks for the help i will get back.
Mike

APW

Reaction score
I also have an M5 and for the past couple of months I can't VPN to the machine. I can still login if I am on site. Not sure if my problem and yours are common.

Liberty

Reaction score
As soon as i figure this out i will post what we have done.I don't want to try anything software related just in case i put the laser m5 down.
As long as i'm able to wash cars I'll wait a bit.
Thanks for your interest

Reactions: APW

STXCW

Reaction score
are you network settings on your computer correct

Liberty

Reaction score
yes we always use two computers daily one PC in the morning and the lap top directly plug in to JO during the day.
Looking to work on it this weekend snow expected Saturday evening.Also tried different ports

Liberty

Reaction score
We finally fixed our issue thanks to the great technical support of PDQ.
They instructed us to deinstall software and delete a file then reinstall the software using a flash card reader.
Making sure the correct IP address put back on not the factory default.So far everything seem functional.
Thanks for everyones input.
Mike