What's new

Pdq laser 4000 roller replacement

Reaction score
Hello,
Time to replace rollers there wore down but still roll fine.
The question is:
The current rollers all the way around trolly/gantry have bearings and grease lines.
I do not have the dryers, my dryers are free standing.
From what I understand you only need the bearing rollers if you were dragging the dryers. So my question is do I replace them with ones with bearings and where do I get those i assume harrels.
Or can I replace with wash world brand that don't have bearings.
Thanks 🙏

PEI

Reaction score
The roller shafts are different for bearing rollers versus greased rollers. Since you have a freestanding dryer I would recommend staying with the greased rollers. They are easier to change. The only advantage to the bearing rollers is that you don't have to grease them, but the bearings can get stuck to the shafts requiring you to remove the shaft and press the bearing off.

The Wash World rollers should be interchangeable. You can also buy them from Kleen-Rite.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Just an FYI...when I rebuilt two 4000 bridges to do a bridge swap I ordered a bunch of rollers from Kleen-Rite. I still have them in a bucket because they did not fit. Its been too long for me to remember which dimension was incorrect. Maybe I was lucky enough to get a bad run?

Reaction score
The roller shafts are different for bearing rollers versus greased rollers. Since you have a freestanding dryer I would recommend staying with the greased rollers. They are easier to change. The only advantage to the bearing rollers is that you don't have to grease them, but the bearings can get stuck to the shafts requiring you to remove the shaft and press the bearing off.

The Wash World rollers should be interchangeable. You can also buy them from Kleen-Rite.

Thanks what i see is the roller on the gantry are with bearings and no grease fitting, the trolly rollers have a grease fitting and have a sort of e-clip holding them to the shaft.

The ones on the trolly i assume you just pop the clip and slide off and replace
*To remove i would guess deflate tires and put a jack under trolly/gantry raise up and remove???

thank you

Etowah