What's new

Paystation Replacement

Reaction score
I currently have an American Changer paystation (AC 8001) and am having some issues that make me want to just rip it out and replace with something that has better tech support. What does everyone recommend? It's connected to a Belanger Kondor Single Arm if that matters. Ballpark pricing would be appreciated as well as I'm looking to purchase a new paystation. Are there specials or discounts available at the show in Vegas? I'll be there next month but don't know if I can wait that long...

washnvac

Reaction score
Similar issue for me. Just went to Atlantic City show. Shortest lead time was from Hamilton at 16 weeks. Plan on spending $18k+.

Jim64

Reaction score
I installed a Hamilton Commander in May and have been happy with it. Plan on 20k nicely optioned.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tech-support from Hamilton has always been very good every time I've ever called in. I've only had a few very minor issues.

Etowah

MGSMN

Reaction score
American Changers support and service is horrendous. Plan on being on hold forever only to be put into voice-mail and don't hold your breath waiting for a call back. Email goes unanswered as well. It's almost 4 months and I still don't have my repair back. Unitec pay stations are very reliable and easy to set-up/use but the scheduled tech support calls are a pain. DRB's XPT is a very nice and flexible system but it's $$ and you need to be on their monthly tech support program, but it's worth it if you have a profitable site.

Randy

Reaction score
The best rock solid ACW/Paystation today would have to be the Hamilton Commander. I would never consider anything made by American.

Jim64

Reaction score
I hope they announce that their Carwash user app is priced to be a competitive option for a small operator.

Reaction score
Stoked to hear about a "new door" product from IDX. Hopefully they will be in Vegas so I can learn more. I like the idea of 7k way more than 20k, LOL.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Stoked to hear about a "new door" product from IDX. Hopefully they will be in Vegas so I can learn more. I like the idea of 7k way more than 20k, LOL.
Tell us how your "New Door" experience went with IDX... I heard of 1 guys experience, on here, & it has been a freaking nightmare!

Reaction score
I saw the "New Door" in Vegas, loved it, and placed an order. Unfortunately, I'm yet to receive/install it. What's the nightmare, and is he on this forum?

soonermajic

Reaction score
He's on the forum. Like u, saw it, loved it, ordered it. MANY months ago, still no door & they finally told him they can't get it... but it's HIS DISTRIBUTORS FAULT!!!

Reaction score
Funny thing, as soon as I placed the order for the new door from IDX, the AC8001 started working great. It's been working great for 9 months, and I'm hoping it continues until I get the IDX dealio...

Etowah